HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2001, 02:14 PM
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
Dymond 'ME 163' Foamy?

Just saw this little bird in the latest MAN. Specs are 28" span, motor and prop included. Kind of sparse specifications huh?

Looked on their site and it is not listed. Anyone have any more info on this model?

At $39.95 with motor and prop, looks like a great alternative to the Wattage Mirage and the like.

Thanks!

Steve
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2001, 06:10 PM
United States, IL, Wonder Lake
Joined Apr 2000
235 Posts
Apparently it is the ACT ME-163 that they use to sell for $69. I think they just lowered the price. Even at the $69 price it was never on there web site. I ordred a few ACT 163's from England, I also picked one up at a swap meet that came from diamond. A few minor diferences but definately both made by ACT. At $39 dollars with a motor it is a great deal.
Rob
ratobin is offline Find More Posts by ratobin
Old Jun 17, 2001, 01:11 AM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
996 Posts
Bought the Komet from them a couple years ago and by just adding 1/8" balsa fillets at the TE it greatly brought out the real appearance. It really needs a computer radio to set the elevons for more pitch and less roll. Luckily I used the red paint scheme because this tiny plane moves quick and gets to a dot size too fast. The launch power should be 2/3rds otherwise it tends to roll. Also put in a nose air intake with the rocker engine hole exhaust to control the battery heat. After about a dozen good flights, mine made a few final rolling dives into ground. Cause was either the new NIMH bateries or the Dymond ESC. It is very good price and a well molded foam. Really tempted to maKe one for the July warbirds fiy-in and buzz the B-17.
Jim Petro is offline Find More Posts by Jim Petro