SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 14, 2008, 07:29 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,654 Posts
Yippee!
New E-Flite Hawker Sea Fury

Look what just popped up on Horizon's web site this morning! What a BEAUTIFUL war bird! Thank you E-Flite and Horizon! I can't wait for this one!

Hawker Sea Fury 400 ARF

Key Features
Incredible scale detail, including accurately molded panel lines and factory applied paint finish
Optional-use retractable landing gear included in addition to fixed landing gear
Factory installed spars, hinges and control horns
Lightly loaded flying characteristics
Fully detailed, factory painted cockpit and pilot figure
E-flite Outrunner stick motor mount included
Optional-use factory finished rockets for added scale appearance
Easy-access magnet secured hatch
3- to 5-channel operation (with optional rudder and retractable landing gear)
EPS injection-molded foam construction
10x8E prop and spinner (included)
Bolt-on removable wing

Specs
Wing Span:36.8" (935mm)
Overall Length:33.3" (845mm)
Wing Area:267.8 sq in (17.4 sq dm)
Flying Weight:w/Battery: 25-30oz (565-850g)
Motor Size:450-480 brushless outrunner
Radio:3-channel or greater (up to 5-channels w/optional rudder and retractable landing gear)
Servos:3 Sub-Micro (or up to 6 w/optional rudder and retractable landing gear)
Speed Control :25-40 amp brushless
Recommended Battery:3S 11.1V 1800-2200mAh Li-Po
Retracts:Optional-use, included
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2008, 07:32 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
wow! What a great looking plane. Very detailed for $109. It reminds me a lot of the e-flite P-47. If it was a bit bigger it would have to be my next plane. Very impressive. E-Flite seems to be on the stick putting out a lot of new great looking planes.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=EFL6050
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Feb 14, 2008, 07:32 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,179 Posts
The bar has been raised!
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Feb 14, 2008, 07:39 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,654 Posts
It is not a Platinum but it sure is gorgeous! Retracts, armaments ... man o man, what a great looking 400 sized warbird. This makes my morning for sure!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2008, 07:41 AM
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,071 Posts
Oh Man,that's nice! And to think I was contemplating the thundertiger version.Now the choice is clear.Thanks e-flite!Now follow up with a hurricane and you will have made MANY Hawker fans happy!
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Old Feb 14, 2008, 07:46 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,654 Posts
Yes, ditto. Everytime I would see a Sea Fury, I would think that I wanted to get one and I would look at the TT version but I just could not seem to pull the trigger on it. I like the bigger version I have seen around here but it is a much more costly endeavor. The chance to build a Ron Daniels kit was another possible way to ownership but I have been building another rarely modeled 400 sized warbird and it has taken me almost 9 months to get it done.

Enter E-Flite with this one! Excellent!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:02 AM
Sherbrooke Qc
Joined May 2006
2,297 Posts
YES...
Finally a nice looking Hawker warbird. Totally agree bouncebk...roll on a hurricane as well please
Cheers Mike
Michael Richards is offline Find More Posts by Michael Richards
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:08 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,654 Posts
I have to believe that the presence of John R. here on RCG has something to do with this one? It is great to have him around here for sure! What an asset he is to Horizon, E-Flite and RCGroups.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:24 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,062 Posts
It's cute.... but why are "we" going backwards in size when compared to the P-47?

I found it hard to believe that the P-47 has been disappointing in sales for HH. I mean with the number of threads still active on the model it must have sold quite a few. That said, somehow they they think this is going to be the answer to more sales figures?

Pretty plane, odd subject, but in the end it's just another small foamie that might fall off the face of the earth in 6 months when the next small foamie arrives.

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:26 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,608 Posts
Damn, hate to say it as I'm not an E-Flight fan....but that is nice. Will sell better on this side of the pond than the P-47!
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:39 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
It's cute.... but why are "we" going backwards in size when compared to the P-47?

I found it hard to believe that the P-47 has been disappointing in sales for HH. I mean with the number of threads still active on the model it must have sold quite a few. That said, somehow they they think this is going to be the answer to more sales figures?

Pretty plane, odd subject, but in the end it's just another small foamie that might fall off the face of the earth in 6 months when the next small foamie arrives.

Tommy D

The only think I can figure is it is built to the same scale as the P-47. This plane is a bit longer than the P-47. 32 vs. 33.3 inches long. It also has a slighty larger wing area.

They said the P-47 sales were disappointing?
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:44 AM
3DHS Junkie
Rhode Island
Joined Jun 2005
5,682 Posts
aww that is too cool
800mZero is offline Find More Posts by 800mZero
Old Feb 14, 2008, 08:47 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
The only think I can figure is it is built to the same scale as the P-47. This plane is a bit longer than the P-47. 32 vs. 33.3 inches long. It also has a slighty larger wing area.

They said the P-47 sales were disappointing?
I don't buy the "keeping it in scale".... why so they can use the same midget pilot from the P-47! I'm just kidding keep your shirt on guys.

Yes, I was told exactly that, disappointed in P-47 sales. I might have to buy another one as my 1st one flys like a champ!

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Feb 14, 2008, 09:49 AM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,172 Posts
Wow, I can't believe P-47 sales were disappointing. That's one of the #1 most-recommended planes I see for foam warbirds, especially for a first warbird (just because it floats like a DREAM ... its glide path feels longer and smoother than my Super Cub's ...).

I think it's a big step forward for actual enthusiasts. It may not capture the "most popular seller" category being a more unique offering, but that's why I'm so impressed - it makes me feel like they're not just catering to the popular-buy demographic. I'm not going to complain about a couple of inches on the wingspan. It's not like it's a 32" Alfa (and people continually buy and rave about those little suckers). I absolutely love that E-Flite is making their planes retract-ready now. Huge selling point for me. I also love that this isn't another P-51, 47, 40, 38, or F-4U (though E-Flite already has two of those five currently, and I'd probably buy the others if they made them just because I like the 47 and 38 so much).

While I doubt we'd get to see two Hawker planes back to back, I'll keep my fingers crossed that a Typhoon might come down the line if you guys get into a little Hawker kick for a bit.

Can't wait to see it in May!
PerlAddict is offline Find More Posts by PerlAddict
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:04 AM
USA, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Apr 2007
1,444 Posts
I love my P-47 got over 50 flights on it. This plane looks great, I think this will be a nice addiction to any park fliers squadron.
Thrawn150 is online now Find More Posts by Thrawn150
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ElectriStar and me