Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 31, 2002, 02:57 PM
Langley,B.C,Canada
Joined Jul 2002
1,214 Posts
My New Years Scale Project

O.K.
Pics will come and when they do, it will be several of all the builds I have completed and started this year. (2002).

Because I build 2-3 at once (economy of procedures) several usually come off whithin a week or two.

So far I just finished 28" Sopwith (repaired) flies great. I just finished 40" Scout (Peter Rake design). Can`t wait to fly. Waiting for snow to melt off runway. (will not throw). Nieport 17 is slow progress scale "comp" model.

My New Years project,........1903 Wright Flyer. Scratch build, 61.5 wing. I redesigned the plan from Smithsonian Blue print. Some minor mods and revisions have been applied in order for RC flight.
When the prototype is done I will redraw the plans for possible distribution,......if it goes well.

Anyway, I have built the canards and they look cool with hollow spars and mild undercamber. The frame will be a combo of Bass and hard/soft balsa. Test motors will be 300C GWS motors with hand carved (reversing) props and 8 cell 720 Nihms. HS-55 servos.

Any suggestions, tips or advice would be welcome. I`ve decided I can`t live without a Wright Flyer, especially for the 100th anniversary.

Cheers

Warren Jones
Warren Jones is offline Find More Posts by Warren Jones
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 01, 2003, 10:30 AM
How fast can balsa go?
Chilliwack B.C.
Joined Jan 2002
678 Posts
Have you seen the full size plans available free for the Wright glider? http://www.wright-brothers.org/Adven.../1902plans.htm
rogwinger is offline Find More Posts by rogwinger
Old Jan 01, 2003, 10:22 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Feb 2001
655 Posts
Warren, you shoulda done the Silver Dart being a Canuck! Look forward to hopefully seeing it at one of the Chilliwack Fly-ins this summer.
knight of Ni is offline Find More Posts by knight of Ni
Old Jan 02, 2003, 12:41 PM
Langley,B.C,Canada
Joined Jul 2002
1,214 Posts
To knight of Ni,

Enlighten me, what is the silver dart? Also do you know where I can find info on G3 Cauldron. I have a published line drawing from Scale RC. Although pretty rough.

Cheers

Warren
Old Jan 02, 2003, 12:48 PM
Langley,B.C,Canada
Joined Jul 2002
1,214 Posts
To rogwinger,

Thanks for the link. Very good info here. Especially the pulley system.

Thank You

Cheers

Warren
Old Jan 02, 2003, 08:10 PM
CP140 NAVCOM
Canada, BC, Courtenay
Joined Feb 2001
655 Posts
Warren,
The A.E.A. Silver Dart was the first aircraft to fly in Canada. Of course Alexander Graham Bell had a hand in it's development. The first flight was Feb. 23, 1909 from a frozen lake (only in Canada ) at Baddeck Bay, NS and flew for about a kilometer. You can find more info @ the National Avation Museum . They have a scale flying replica of the original.
knight of Ni is offline Find More Posts by knight of Ni
Old Jan 05, 2003, 12:00 AM
Grand Prairie, Texas
Joined Feb 2002
169 Posts
Warren,

After posting, I researched the Caudron, had it mixed up with another model, no help here.
R. C. Day is offline Find More Posts by R. C. Day
Last edited by R. C. Day; Jan 05, 2003 at 12:19 AM.