HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:40 PM
Stress Be Gone
Snohomish, WA
Joined May 2000
3,404 Posts
Discussion
TXDiag keeps on running after closing

I run TxDiag, close the program, try to re-open the program, I get a message that the program is still running. View processes running and there it is despite the window being closed. Have to kill it there. Latest software, something not right with it.
GBR2 is offline Find More Posts by GBR2
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:06 PM
Electric since 1990
East Central Ohio, United States
Joined Jun 2004
3,736 Posts
Mine does the same thing. If I close it from the File menu I don't get that error.
Foamaholic is offline Find More Posts by Foamaholic
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:08 PM
I need a nap
Utah
Joined Nov 2005
68 Posts
I get the same thing when using the TxDiag.
Since the program works, no worries, I figure it will get fixed eventually.
TheSuper is offline Find More Posts by TheSuper
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:15 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
Goodlettsville, TN
Joined Sep 2006
3,058 Posts
What version is yours showing? That was a bug in the first version that was fixed in v1.1. I just tested to verify and mine isnt doing it.
chrisf testpilot is offline Find More Posts by chrisf testpilot
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:23 PM
Electric since 1990
Joined Jun 2004
3,736 Posts
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:28 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamaholic
Upgrade to the new version, same here. Used to do that, upgraded to the V1.1, now it closes it as expected.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:54 PM
I need a nap
Utah
Joined Nov 2005
68 Posts
I am using TxDiag ver1.1 and still have to manually kill the process using the Task Manager. If I try to run TxDiag again I get the a little pop-up box that the process is still running. I am running Windows XP with all the latest patches and updates.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:02 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
AHA!!!!

I got it. When you are connected to a TX, it WILL act that way if you just turn the TX off, and use the "X" to kill the program. Instead, turn the TX off, then press the "Alt" key once. THEN click the "X"! Voila.....

That would be a decent addition to the user's manual for the XDP suite..
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:16 PM
I need a nap
Utah
Joined Nov 2005
68 Posts
AHA!!!!

I got it. Thanks. I tried the ALT, Space Bar, Esc key and CapsLock etc, it looks like any key will terminate the connection and return me back to the screen I show above. Then when I click the "X" to close the window it is no longer running. Good discovery.

It is still a bug that needs to be fix in a future version. No worries the program still does is job. Now I know how to close it without the Task Manager.

I vote that the discoveries we make and post here should earn us free receivers.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:35 PM
Electric since 1990
Joined Jun 2004
3,736 Posts
Second that.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:36 AM
Dick Corby
Enumclaw, Washington
Joined Sep 2004
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSuper
AHA!!!!

I got it. Thanks. I tried the ALT, Space Bar, Esc key and CapsLock etc, it looks like any key will terminate the connection and return me back to the screen I show above. Then when I click the "X" to close the window it is no longer running. Good discovery.

It is still a bug that needs to be fix in a future version. No worries the program still does is job. Now I know how to close it without the Task Manager.

I vote that the discoveries we make and post here should earn us free receivers.
I'm really impressed. Finally a thread the discusses a problem and the solutions to it. But Xjet should figure out a way to clog it up as well if we wait long enough.
altacom is offline Find More Posts by altacom
Old Feb 13, 2008, 09:51 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,883 Posts
Yeah, that's bug that needs to be fixed. The ESC key was designed to exit back to the main menu, but the key filter accepts virtually any key (that is also a bug).

I am working on some more changes to allow looking at the failsafe positions and such.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member