HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:12 AM
Brillion,WI 54110
Joined Jul 2009
593 Posts
I'm looking at something around a 50-65 in the 320-350 KV range on 6s ???...so I can maybe go with two 16" 3 blade props. Granted they are glow props...but MA makes 16X10's in both tractor and pusher...so I can have them counter rotate like the real thing did, and have it look more scale-ish on the ground. I'm not going for all out speed on this one, just something different and fun

Grumman made the real one...I have no idea who made this model though. Looks like a scratch build to me...
planebldr is online now Find More Posts by planebldr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:16 AM
Fill'er Up!
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,796 Posts
I like that. The third pic look like a ESM model. Was that F5F one of those trades you did? Hope you didn't trade your Sundowner... That would be a no no if you wanted to keep hanging in this thread! Hahaha
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:49 AM
Brillion,WI 54110
Joined Jul 2009
593 Posts
No way! That Sundowner is my favorite. My wife bought me the F5f for my birthday! Whata woman! She's a keeper. I got the CMP Corsair through the trade....that's on the bench now. Going 8s on a Monster Power 1.10 for that one. Retracts are being tricky though so its taking longer than I thought. I'm going to paint that one up as a El Salvador warbird. Last battle between piston fighters...Corsairs VS Corsairs and P-51's

Added a pic of mine so far.......
Last edited by planebldr; Feb 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: added pic of my progress...
Old Feb 17, 2011, 09:54 AM
Fill'er Up!
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planebldr View Post
No way! That Sundowner is my favorite. My wife bought me the F5f for my birthday! Whata woman! She's a keeper. I got the CMP Corsair through the trade....that's on the bench now. Going 8s on a Monster Power 1.10 for that one. Retracts are being tricky though so its taking longer than I thought. I'm going to paint that one up as a El Salvador warbird. Last battle between piston fighters...Corsairs VS Corsairs and P-51's
Very nice indeed! Nice lady, you should keep her around.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 02:21 PM
Fill'er Up!
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,796 Posts
Hey Adrian, Very sorry to hear about another large earthquake in your country. Though you are far away from the epi, our prayers are with you, your brothers and sisters in NZ.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 02:58 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyhawk View Post
Hey Adrian, Very sorry to hear about another large earthquake in your country. Though you are far away from the epi, our prayers are with you, your brothers and sisters in NZ.
Thanks mattyhawk i appreciate it we have never seen anything like it ever it hit us at the wrong time of the day when people where out in the streets cars crushed hard to take really Many thanks m8
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 28, 2011, 06:52 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Hi Guys the lipos arrived today and they fit no problems i will have to feed the esc from the cooling hole under the fuse because of the size but shouldn't be a problem just waiting for the motor now might be a few weeks away
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:16 PM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_M View Post
Hi Guys the lipos arrived today and they fit no problems...
I am using those without issue and they fit great. Good luck with her!
LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
Old Feb 28, 2011, 07:33 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColSpit View Post
I am using those without issue and they fit great. Good luck with her!
Are you running a 10s setup too ?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:46 PM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_M View Post
Are you running a 10s setup too ?
No, but I'm a dork. I'm flying 8S on 2x 4S-4000 Nano-Tech's... She'll be a screamer though!
LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:43 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColSpit View Post
No, but I'm a dork. I'm flying 8S on 2x 4S-4000 Nano-Tech's... She'll be a screamer though!
LOL, cheers it was already fast before just want to get more flying time out of her
Old Mar 01, 2011, 11:24 AM
Fill'er Up!
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,796 Posts
Very Cool. I wanna know how fast you pusher her now. Video is expected!
Old Mar 01, 2011, 01:33 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyhawk View Post
Very Cool. I wanna know how fast you pusher her now. Video is expected!
If it's as fast as Steve c at level flight i will be happy i think 250 kmh would be the limit on this airframe i have a bunch of props i want to try so will see if we can get there I'm waiting for the motor 4035-0400 the last order they put thru there was none in stock i also brought a 8mm prop adaptor & a bunch of Cherry wood E props from HobbyKing,while i'm waiting for the new motor I might have to try some small props on the 4035-0630 on 10s
Last edited by Adrian_M; Mar 01, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:40 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planebldr View Post

Added a pic of mine so far.......
The panit job looks Cool well done
Old Mar 01, 2011, 05:02 PM
Brillion,WI 54110
Joined Jul 2009
593 Posts
Thanks!
I am curious how fast it will end up going. Never entered any info into a calculator yet...and I'm guessing this airframe has alot of drag It has an Exceed RC Monster Power 110 295kv, and it will be on 8s. I hooked up a 6s pack to it for now while I'm waiting for the 2s to come from hobbyking, and I almost think I could have hovered it in my basement. Thrust is not an issue with this thing. Oh it has a 16X10 3 blade. On 6s, its only pulling 24A and 600watts.