HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 17, 2011, 04:05 PM
world's slowest builder
Air-Jon's Avatar
CA
Joined Oct 2006
855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_M View Post
it is very lightly built and very thin, but seems to handle the job ok i have done fullspeed dives and pulled up hard the plane is still in one piece my Sundowner is really heavy too
Thanks...good to hear it is holding up. I guess if a person was real worried they could remove the covering and sheet the stabs. But if it is holding up at 100-130MPH...it must be pretty strong. Wire bracing would work as well..but be ugly and draggy...but would sound cool in the air!
Air-Jon is offline Find More Posts by Air-Jon
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2011, 06:58 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon View Post
Thanks...good to hear it is holding up. I guess if a person was real worried they could remove the covering and sheet the stabs. But if it is holding up at 100-130MPH...it must be pretty strong. Wire bracing would work as well..but be ugly and draggy...but would sound cool in the air!
yep that would work sheeting it if you really wanted too,it sounds cool without the wire
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Last edited by Adrian_M; Jan 19, 2011 at 05:35 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 19, 2011, 05:48 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
A few photos

RC BANDIT customer day—2011—at PMAC


http://media.rcbandit.co.nz/pics/customerday.pdf
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Last edited by Adrian_M; Jan 19, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:56 PM
Fill'er Up!
mattyhawk's Avatar
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_M View Post
A few photos

RC BANDIT customer day—2011—at PMAC


http://media.rcbandit.co.nz/pics/customerday.pdf
hey, your sundowner made the cut! Looked like a great turnout!
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 09:06 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyhawk View Post
hey, your sundowner made the cut! Looked like a great turnout!
Hey mattyhawk yep it was a great day very hot and not much wind the Sundowner went great i tried a couple of different props and got best level pass at 220kmh on 12 x 12 Apc E prop 136Amps 2632watts Hyperion G3 35c-65c 6s 5500mAh lipo on eagletree datalogger flight time 3 minutes LOL
hows your one coming along ?
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Last edited by Adrian_M; Jan 19, 2011 at 09:51 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:13 AM
Fill'er Up!
mattyhawk's Avatar
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_M View Post
Hey mattyhawk yep it was a great day very hot and not much wind the Sundowner went great i tried a couple of different props and got best level pass at 220kmh on 12 x 12 Apc E prop 136Amps 2632watts Hyperion G3 35c-65c 6s 5500mAh lipo on eagletree datalogger flight time 3 minutes LOL
hows your one coming along ?
Nice job! Not too shabby I'd say!

I knew you were going to ask. Still nothing. I am devoted to get this A-26 up. Hopefully done within 1.5 months.

http://www.camarilloflyingcircus.com...-build-thread/

Good news though, the new cowl came in this week, original one had been a slimer, so it had a massive hole in it. It has been on back order for months.

You can actually see my Sundowner hanging on the wall behind the A-26:
http://www.thehawkinshouse.net/planes/A-26/005.JPG
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 02:58 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
Steve C's Avatar
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air-Jon View Post
Thanks...good to hear it is holding up. I guess if a person was real worried they could remove the covering and sheet the stabs. But if it is holding up at 100-130MPH...it must be pretty strong.
It holds up at 140 also. The wing is the weak link. There's enough washout in it that it starts to twist at speed. I think if you tried to get it over 150 it would flutter and rip off.

SC
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 04:19 PM
Fill'er Up!
mattyhawk's Avatar
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
It holds up at 140 also. The wing is the weak link. There's enough washout in it that it starts to twist at speed. I think if you tried to get it over 150 it would flutter and rip off.

SC
oooo, Steve, you got the power system to do it, take one for the team and give it a try! 15S from the Kelly could fit in there, hahaha
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2011, 04:29 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
It holds up at 140 also. The wing is the weak link. There's enough washout in it that it starts to twist at speed. I think if you tried to get it over 150 it would flutter and rip off.

SC
It held up at 243Kmh dive i guess i was lucky
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:58 AM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Looks like the thread is gone quiet might have to fire it up soon HeHe
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 15, 2011, 11:20 AM
Registered User
planebldr's Avatar
Brillion,WI 54110
Joined Jul 2009
593 Posts
its too dang cold with too much dang snow to fly here...otherwise I would be out there tinkering more and reporting, along with my new build (A Matney Models ME109 QM15 kit...first ever kit build. Only ARF's up to this point)
planebldr is offline Find More Posts by planebldr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 02:43 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planebldr View Post
its too dang cold with too much dang snow to fly here...otherwise I would be out there tinkering more and reporting, along with my new build (A Matney Models ME109 QM15 kit...first ever kit build. Only ARF's up to this point)
LOL thats a funny looking Sundowner this is more like it Sundowner36, Scorpion HK-3026-880 Kv heli motor,85Amp Esc 4 or 5s I will make it my park flyer
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Last edited by Adrian_M; Feb 15, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 15, 2011, 05:17 PM
Fill'er Up!
mattyhawk's Avatar
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_M View Post
LOL thats a funny looking Sundowner this is more like it Sundowner36, Scorpion HK-3026-880 Kv heli motor,85Amp Esc 4 or 5s I will make it my park flyer
Nice and fast "parkflier", I like. Now all you need is the F1, and your the sundowner king!
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 05:18 PM
Fill'er Up!
mattyhawk's Avatar
Oxnard, Ca
Joined Oct 2008
1,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planebldr View Post
its too dang cold with too much dang snow to fly here...otherwise I would be out there tinkering more and reporting, along with my new build (A Matney Models ME109 QM15 kit...first ever kit build. Only ARF's up to this point)
Looks fast, I assume it is?
mattyhawk is offline Find More Posts by mattyhawk
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2011, 05:45 PM
Suspended Account
Auckland - New Zealand
Joined Dec 2010
1,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyhawk View Post
Nice and fast "parkflier", I like. Now all you need is the F1, and your the sundowner king!
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh sounds good F1 are hard to find these days, I'm doing a Steve c on my Sundowner.50

anyone in the market for a Hyperion HS-4035-0630 & Atlas HP-ATLAS-180SB Esc the price is right PM me if anyone is interested
Adrian_M is offline Find More Posts by Adrian_M
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Power system for Hangar 9 Sundowner 50 RB51 fan Power Systems 3 Apr 11, 2011 02:03 PM
Discussion hanger 9 sundowner 50 planefixer Fuel Plane Talk 57 Oct 26, 2010 08:59 AM
Cool Hanger 9 Sundowner 50 size cryhavoc38 Sport Planes 10 Feb 17, 2008 11:27 PM
Question Hangar 9 Sundowner 50? GJVO Fuel Plane Talk 0 Aug 23, 2007 03:38 PM
EDF 40/50 Brushless setups/results kd4gfy Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 0 Feb 20, 2005 04:11 PM