HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 11, 2008, 03:02 PM
York, ne
Joined Feb 2005
599 Posts
Discussion
2 New Havoks Purchased, 2 going back.

I've been wanting to try the new V2 havoks for a long time, and my son and I each got some playmoney, so off to walmart we went!

His was the complete red one, mine was the new blue.

Both were ROCK STEADY out of the box. Amazingly so. Like they were just hanging from a string! Vibration seemed much less than on my other (3) piccos/havoks as well.

BUT, mine started spinning way beyond what the trim could take care of on the second flight and got worse. (switched props and checked for hair: no dice, the motor is failing)

His is fine until you turn left, then it just immediately death spirals. Sure, you can recover with hard right, but .. brand new with that tendency? I don't think so. It's so severe that just 2 clicks left on the trim will send it into a spiral!

So, nice job on the re-do, Air Hogs, but your quality control SUCKS.
melcrose is offline Find More Posts by melcrose
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2008, 06:28 PM
Joined Jul 2007
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melcrose

So, nice job on the re-do, Air Hogs, but your quality control SUCKS.

welcome to the world of 'out sourcing' quality no longer seems to be a factor.....
trebbor58 is offline Find More Posts by trebbor58