SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 13, 2008, 03:08 AM
West Yorkshire, UK
Joined Dec 2004
1,626 Posts
We can 'argue' till the cows come home on the hillside if you like

You haven't been up Tinkers lately have you?

THEY HAVE!!!! And quite a mess it is up there too.

AND what's happening about the raffle battery packs????
skirmish is offline Find More Posts by skirmish
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2008, 04:07 AM
west yorks. UK..Home of the Hudds mafia
Joined Apr 2006
1,565 Posts
Just to make a point, I dont think the Hudds mafia got their heads together to stop the introduction of the NS, sure there was quiet a bit of discussion about it, and some of it seemed to be of a Luddite nature.
I for one voted to allow the change, new ideas, new technology etc. I'm sure that there were similar discussions on the slope when Epp first made its apperance, against the good old balsa/ply models.
I for one have no intention of ripping off the coverings on my exsisting models just to cover with the NS, but might consider it on a new model.
I had it moted to me that it would spell the end of 60" epp racing, because some people would not want to race their exsisting models against those covered by NS....I dont think so, If anything will kill the League it will be the cost of travel and competitors availability to attend races. I think there should be a re-think on a North-South split for the 60" League, with a final fly off in a central location...Just some of my thoughts/ramblings...Off to fly a balsa/ply model
yellowblue is offline Find More Posts by yellowblue
Old Sep 13, 2008, 12:10 PM
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
Political stuff aside. . .
Tony is COMPLETELY right about the NS having the ability to make a super light high AR ship VERY STIFF. That has also been an area of intensive testing for me. I've had a 18 OZS ship go VERY fast. It is high AR and quite a thin section, PW no thickening!
The other HUGE for you guys will be the ability to test all these ideas much cheaper and easier as I have.
Have at it brothers!
The Predator is offline Find More Posts by The Predator
Old Sep 13, 2008, 12:56 PM
You must die! I alone am best.
The Naughty Corner..Find me tweeting @slopetrashuk
Joined Sep 2003
5,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skirmish
[I]
AND what's happening about the raffle battery packs????
You're right. Very shoddy - Watch your mailbox. Will sort it tonight when my sunburn eases.....
slopetrashuk is offline Find More Posts by slopetrashuk
Old Sep 13, 2008, 04:28 PM
Wing Cutting Slave
Rough End, nr Pudsey Bear Pit
Joined Jan 2007
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowblue
Just to make a point, I dont think the Hudds mafia got their heads together to stop the introduction of the NS, sure there was quiet a bit of discussion about it, and some of it seemed to be of a Luddite nature.
I for one voted to allow the change, new ideas, new technology etc. I'm sure that there were similar discussions on the slope when Epp first made its apperance, against the good old balsa/ply models.
I for one have no intention of ripping off the coverings on my exsisting models just to cover with the NS, but might consider it on a new model.
I had it moted to me that it would spell the end of 60" epp racing, because some people would not want to race their exsisting models against those covered by NS....I dont think so, If anything will kill the League it will be the cost of travel and competitors availability to attend races. I think there should be a re-think on a North-South split for the 60" League, with a final fly off in a central location...Just some of my thoughts/ramblings...Off to fly a balsa/ply model
Brian
I think you know I have no real problem with the ”new stuff” and pretty much agree with your comments.
I also agree that a breakaway to a north/south divide may be the answer in the present political/economic climate, fuel and all that, (it’s a pity) also a breakaway from F3f maybe the answer? So Sundays would become part of our calendar instead of our entrenchment to Saturdays.
Like to hear what others have to say?
Cloud 9 is offline Find More Posts by Cloud 9
Old Sep 13, 2008, 04:51 PM
Its not IF... Its WHEN.
West Yorks
Joined Feb 2007
1,110 Posts
Dave!

Put that Merlot down Now!

Get Skwiggling instead!
The.Timinator is offline Find More Posts by The.Timinator