HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:19 AM
Frequent Flyer
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Nov 2001
757 Posts
Discussion
Thoughts on last night's indoor

I've been away from the indoor scene and flying at organized events, for a while, until last night.

I met up with about 75-100 fellow pilots, family, and friends last night to enjoy some great flying at Columbus' Four Seasons indoor golf driving range. I've been flying with the Columbus Indoor Flying Organization since 2002. I won't blame career or family for keeping me away, because that is just an excuse, but I haven't been very active for the last few years.

Last night started off with some good natured ribbing. "What is that?" As they jokingly pointed at my mini IFO. I asked them when they last saw one, and they said about 2 years ago when I was there last. Another pointed at the nose of my plane and said, "Is that a gearbox?" Har har.

My 3 ounce airplane and I had a wonderful time last night. It was also great to talk to Don, Dave, and Greg again. Amongst the sound of brushless motors, and the bits of foam falling, it was the fellowship that I really missed. This is a great hobby.
Nowell York is offline Find More Posts by Nowell York
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:01 PM
Minnesota
Joined Jun 2007
1,916 Posts
sweet, sounds fun!
hot glue is offline Find More Posts by hot glue
Old Feb 10, 2008, 08:18 PM
Columbus,Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
1,670 Posts