HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:45 PM
Delaware
Joined Jul 2008
5 Posts
The bj26 is a nice boat. The boat does need some upgrades though. My father inlaw has a sv27 and he whoops my tail everytime we race. Only because the handling on the bj sucks (no pun intended). I have tried a few different things to make it better but have failed. I only wish there was help out there. I have moved the battery from the right side to the front and all over to prevent the roll effect on left turns. I have tried running it without turn fins and it just spins out and flips over. I am a low budget racer and try to make less expensive mods. I think i will have to buy some other parts but dont know which ones to buy. If there is anyone with any info for me please feel free to e-mail me so I can stop losing to the man I so badly want to beat(my father inlaw)
George J is offline Find More Posts by George J
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:51 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,617 Posts
well sir, over on the offshoreelectrics forum(bj26 section) there is a thread/topic titled; fixing the handling problem(or something close to that). as I recall one fix is to lower the center of gravity by stripping out the stock battery trays... hth
rex
Rex R is offline Find More Posts by Rex R
Old Aug 31, 2008, 09:16 AM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
1,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny123
Yes,jasper Is Just North Of Us. I Raced At A Big Concrete Oval In Jas. Years Ago. We Run Just South Of Chatta .on The Ga.- Tenn. Stateline At A Place On I-75 Called Shipp's Rv. They Let Us Use Their Lake. We Race Every 3rd Sunday Of Each Month With A Play Day The Day Before For The Sailboats And Scale Boats. Our Web Site Is Chattanoogamodelboatclub.org. Click On Our Links And You Can See Pics Of Our Yearly Regatta We Have In June. Next Sunday, The 17 Th We Have Our Ironman Race, I Call It That Because We Race No Matter What The Weather Two Yrs Ago It 27 Degrees And We Had 27 Racers. If You Come Down This Summer Check Us Out, We'll Show You Some Southern Hospitality.
Sonny
I will do exactly that! I cut and pasted your note to my brother too. He said he knows right where you are. Cool!

Might be around thanksgiving.

Scott
HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
Old Jun 02, 2009, 10:21 AM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
1,003 Posts
We now have about 8 of these in the Admirals Club! Planning some races!
HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott