HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by sectrix, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 08, 2008, 12:10 PM
The cake is a lie
G. Heights, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
67 Posts
Discussion
Video/Electrical Power System update

I've found the camera and Tx/Rx I plan to use on RangeVideo. I'll use their 1W 2.4 GHz transmitter and their standard receiver. I like their IF FPV camera, and have heard nothing but good things about it, so I'll use that too.

The electrical system is a bit tricky. Relays will switch the motor between the ESC and a full-wave rectifier. Problem is that as soon as the avionics switch from batteries to live power, they'll lose power for an instant. Which means the relays will too, which means they'll probably never be able to switch. To get around this, I'll have to apply both batteries and live power for a second, then switch off the batteries. I'll also have to not charge the batteries until they are not providing any power...

It isn't as hard as I thought it would be, but I'm gonna need a lot of relays. I'll post a block diagram as soon as I make it.
sectrix is offline Find More Posts by sectrix
to remove ads between posts