Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 05, 2008, 06:27 PM
Joined Jan 2008
58 Posts
Alert
rchobby in the uk ,,rubbish dont deal with them

Had a bad deal with this firm and they are very ignorant to phone calls and email. After waiting weeks for them to send my plane i was sent another plane of over half the value of the one i had on order . After weeks and weeks of complaining im still in the process of trying to take them to court. seems pretty farfetched you might say but the items they were sending me so i could complete my artf kit (instead of the rtf kit i ordered) were of poor quality and had glue and polystyrene stuck on to them as if they were just ripped out of an old plane. i asked for a 3-4 channel transmitter and lipo ect to complete my plane they said "yes" but i was deliver futuba 2 channel , so i sent it back. then a week later i was sent a c&f radio crap box which should be taken from the market. And thrown into the crushed box was the servos ect with reciever wires with the glue ect on them....

Thanks for reading my rambling and dont dont buy from this supplier .. they are based in wales and are also known as global anthem.....
gazza1 is offline Find More Posts by gazza1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:28 AM
Spain
Joined Feb 2008
44 Posts
Global Anthem - How are things now?

That's an interesting heads-up - thank you.

They have a pretty good looking web site and what looks like lots of interesting stock. However two things have recently slightly disturbed my initial enthusiasm for their products. The first I noticed [as a web designer] was they use tricky tactics to attempt to place higher in the search engines. The other was that there responses to email can be erratic and frequently imprecise. They didn't answer questions fully and the spelling/grammar would most probably not get an A*. Whilst I have little interest in their Web practices and even less in their literary ability such sloppiness and preparedness to adopt less than straightforward methods did nudge the old 'caveat emptor'.

What's the latest news on your case - I'd be very interested to hear, please?

Anybody want to take an opposing view and support this company? Anybody else with experiences of them - good or bad - your views would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks.
jackcharon is offline Find More Posts by jackcharon
Old Feb 26, 2008, 03:00 AM
Spain
Joined Feb 2008
44 Posts
Seems there's more to discover ...

A little digging with Google has thrown up this interesting link as well: http://www.complainandshame.co.uk/cands/viewad.asp?id=50000384446100445

Quote:
I would like to inform people who are considering purchasing anything from RChobby that the company premises that are supposed to be in the Royds Enterprise Park no longer exist. I purchased a model submarine nearly 5 months ago priced 520 and have never received it. There web site is still active. The shop has closed and tennents on the enterprise park have informed myself that the owner is being pusued by other people for the same reasons as mentioned. The company has unpaid registery fees to Company house, but is not in liquidation so where have they gone?
Unquote
jackcharon is offline Find More Posts by jackcharon