HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2010, 05:33 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead540 View Post
goodmorning all i am an rc addict i buy things all the time . i fly planes and helis. including electric ,nitro and gas like i said im an addict. a while back while at a local field saw one of the guys with a millenium slow stick and asked him where he got it . he got his at a local hobby shop here in oregon coyote hobbies. i shop there often so the next time i was there i picked up a slow stick afr kit and an extra set of x gear . must have been over a year ago or so not really sure but sure i have lost of destroyed the recipt by now. anyway here is the great part i finally had a need for the X-Gear on my wasp/slow stick mutation as the wire gear broke again and was not to be saved this time . when i unpackaged and started building the gear i counted the parts and compared to the drawings and was missing the part that holds the X-Gear to the stick so i called the number on the package and actually got ahold on a real person right away she was very helpful and sent the missing piece right away she even knew what piece i needed from my description off the drawing excellent customer service other companies should follow your lead thanks again Merril"motorhead540"
Thanks Guys!
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2010, 02:26 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Sale

We are clearing out some of our show season stock.

http://flyerc.com/SPECIALS.html

James
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:47 PM
USA, NH, Concord
Joined Oct 2004
73 Posts
Just ordered an SSX so this thread was a great find. Thanks for starting it.
nuttymango is offline Find More Posts by nuttymango
Old Oct 17, 2010, 10:37 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Arf for sale

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1324289
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:01 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Cyber Monday specials

Millennium R/C will have web specials on Cyber Monday
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:34 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Cybermonday coupon code is here!

Are you ready for the CyberMonday deal? Enter Coupon Code CYBERMONDAY upon checkout (where it says Redeem Coupon) and you'll get an instant $5 off for EVERY $75 ordered. Combine that with our FREE shipping on orders of $100 or more and you could save a lot! For example: An order of $150 would qualify for $10 off, PLUS free shipping!! For a limited time we have special deals on Millennium R/C accessories, the SSX Biplane Kit, the MicroSSX ARF. . . This coupon code is valid from now until midnight tomorrow night. Who do you know might enjoy some of Millennium R/C's goodies?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 10, 2012, 01:56 AM
New to RC
United States, NM, Albuquerque
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
Great Service, Great Gear

I have X-Gear, and X-Fuse on two slow sticks. They are absolutely great. Not only do they add strenghth to the sticks, but have matching colors to add to hoe the sticks look. The X-Gear with super light 3" wheels/tires makes the smoothest landings I ever had.

I had to call Millennium RC, and James answered on the first ring (no overseas, can't speak English here). He answered all my questions, gave me advise, and sent out a part I needed the same day. Best service I had in a long time (not since the 60's).

I will be doing more business with Millennium RC!
edabq is offline Find More Posts by edabq
Old Jun 30, 2012, 08:47 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
I just built one of these for the first time. It is not as easy as it looks but then I used regular CA so i had to go fast especially on the parts that slide on. One thing I did notice is that the gear does not tighten on the aluminum stick so I will put some tape around the stick to shim it out a little.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Sep 11, 2013, 06:35 PM
Flying High Again.
United States, IL, Crestwood
Joined Jan 2004
34 Posts
axle working loose...

First... I really like the X-gear and have a bunch of these. Now for the issue. I built the axle assemblies per instructions and it has worked fine for a couple years now. But, now the assembly is separating around the axle screw and the wheel is bending up giving the wheel unwanted camber. I don't land hard, but I do fly off grass sometimes. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix? I thought of wrapping thread around the joint and putting epoxy on it. But that may not be enough.
Hoovooloo is offline Find More Posts by Hoovooloo
Old Sep 11, 2013, 07:45 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovooloo View Post
First... I really like the X-gear and have a bunch of these. Now for the issue. I built the axle assemblies per instructions and it has worked fine for a couple years now. But, now the assembly is separating around the axle screw and the wheel is bending up giving the wheel unwanted camber. I don't land hard, but I do fly off grass sometimes. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix? I thought of wrapping thread around the joint and putting epoxy on it. But that may not be enough.
Remove the axle screw, cleanup and ruff up the surfaces, glue and clamp. Let it dry over night. Redrill the axle hole with 1/8 bit. Add 2 washers and an extra nut so that the two washers clamp the bottom of the X-Gear.

Hope this helps,

James
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2013, 01:32 PM
Flying High Again.
Joined Jan 2004
34 Posts
gear fix

Thanks James...

I find that ca is brittle and is'n't holding long term. Would something like acetone or testors model glue be better?

Jeff
Old Sep 13, 2013, 05:02 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovooloo View Post
Thanks James...

I find that ca is brittle and is'n't holding long term. Would something like acetone or testors model glue be better?

Jeff
Testers and acetone do not work well on Nylon. Are you using poly blended CA Glue? Did you scuff-up the surfaces before you glued them?

I have had gear last more than two years.

James
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2013, 09:03 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy View Post
Testers and acetone do not work well on Nylon. Are you using poly blended CA Glue? Did you scuff-up the surfaces before you glued them?

I have had gear last more than two years.

James
I need to read this thread from the start. I'm sure I built the last set wrong want to do this set correct. But what is poly blended CA glue? Also can you post a jpeg of the washer placement you were talking about?
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Sep 15, 2013, 12:14 PM
Flying High Again.
Joined Jan 2004
34 Posts
James
I'm not sure what poly blended ca is. I'm using Mercury brand ca. Yes, I did scuff up the joints before applying the glue.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrie View Post
I need to read this thread from the start. I'm sure I built the last set wrong want to do this set correct. But what is poly blended CA glue? Also can you post a jpeg of the washer placement you were talking about?
Here are a few links for Poly blended CA. Although Mercury Adhesives are great for gluing wood, I have tested them on the ABS Nylon blend plastic used in X-Gear and found them to not bond well at all. So for this application, I do not recommend them. However I like to use Mercury Adhesives on my balsa builds.

http://www.supergluecorp.com/zap/zap-glues/poly-zap

BSI is my number one choice for gluing X-Gear.
I have tried their IC-2000, INSTA-FLEX+ and MAXI-CURE and they all work well.

http://www.bsi-inc.com/Pages/hobby/ca.html
RCG Plus Member