SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by David Hogue, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 04, 2008, 01:31 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,884 Posts
Trader Rating: 178
Wanted
Aero Ace bipe, working or not

Motor died on my sons...looking for a parts donor to fix it.

thanks,
David
David Hogue is online now Find More Posts by David Hogue
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2008, 04:22 PM
MN WATTS Master
United States, MN, Mankato
Joined Jul 2003
7,387 Posts
Trader Rating: 223
I have one that has some missing parts but the electronics are still there. Could fit into a priority box and ship at the one pound rate I think.

Steve
Vintauri is online now Find More Posts by Vintauri
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 04, 2008, 06:18 PM
Nebraska
Joined Dec 2007
442 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
You may be able to use helicopter tail motors, should be around $5-8 at the LHS.

I've heard that the AA motors are pager motors. You can buy pager motors for $1.50ea (30 cents shipping): http://pagermotors.com/Products.php?f_category=Pager

Either way you'd want to replace them in pairs so the power is matched. Would be interesting to see how those $1.50 pager motors work.
zirconx is offline Find More Posts by zirconx
Old Feb 04, 2008, 06:25 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,884 Posts
Steve, what parts are missing, and what do you want for it, shipped?

Zirconx, interesting link....cheap enuf to make it worth a shot. I havent seen any tail motors at my lhs that small...assuming you mean havoc tail motors?
Old Feb 04, 2008, 06:39 PM
I used to be all thumbs...
United States, KS, Pittsburg
Joined Mar 2005
7,061 Posts
Trader Rating: 191
I have two aero ace bipes. One is in great condition, and is ready to fly. The other is also in great condition, but I think there's a loose connection on the rx as it acts like it looses signal or glitches. It's just long enough for it to change attitude in the air, and no longer.

I would sell them both for $35 shipped. Might be more then your looking for, but I'm not using them any.
NumbSkull is offline Find More Posts by NumbSkull
Old Feb 04, 2008, 07:48 PM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hogue

Zirconx, interesting link....cheap enuf to make it worth a shot. I havent seen any tail motors at my lhs that small...assuming you mean havoc tail motors?

Just the lower wing and the tail feathers. All the gear is in the plane yet. I can take a pic for you.

For just the plane I'd take $10 shipped in a priority box.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2008, 12:08 AM
Nebraska
Joined Dec 2007
442 Posts
Trader Rating: 20
Quote:

Yea, you're right, I'm holding a Honey Bee FP tail motor in my hand right now and I think it is bigger than the AA motors.

If someone orders one of those pager motors, please post back as to if and how well it works.
zirconx is offline Find More Posts by zirconx
Old Feb 05, 2008, 01:23 AM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri
Just the lower wing and the tail feathers. All the gear is in the plane yet. I can take a pic for you.

For just the plane I'd take $10 shipped in a priority box.
What about with the tx too, Steve? With that and the pager motors from the link I can fix Daniel's and then build something for me. Like I NEED something else to experiment with, lol
Old Feb 08, 2008, 09:40 PM
MN WATTS Master
Joined Jul 2003
7,387 Posts
Quote:
What about with the tx too, Steve? With that and the pager motors from the link I can fix Daniel's and then build something for me. Like I NEED something else to experiment with, lol

Sorry, been under the weather and have not been able to find it. I think I have it somewhere.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2008, 05:41 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,884 Posts
Steve,

I think I have what I needed coming from a friend who saw this thread. I may still want your 10.00 shipped deal, if so will be in touch, but dont bother looking for the tx.

Thanks, and hope you feel better!
David
Closed Thread