HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2008, 09:29 PM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
333 Posts
Discussion
Program SPektrum DX6I Aero Throttle Hold

Hi All,

New DX6I owner here (came with a Blade 400...). I purchased a couple of 6100 rx's to use with my foamy park flyers I fly indoors. Going from a Hitec Optic 6 to the 6I. The planes fly great with the Spektrum and I am a happy guy.

Anyway, my question is about throttle hold. On the Optic I pushed a button and the throttle was locked so if I hit the stick it did not start the motor. I like to use this when I carry the plane to the flight line.

On the 6I I cannot seem to make this work in the airplane mode. I figured I would need a programmable mix but I cant seem to get it to work. I have tried lots of different things, and even mixed lots of things just to see if I understand how the mixing worked (for example mixing rudder with ailerons worked fine).

So, has anyone with a 6I been able to do this?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Gene
GeneR is offline Find More Posts by GeneR
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:44 AM
Nebraska
Joined Dec 2007
442 Posts
Gene did you ever figure this out? I was wondering how to do the same thing with my DX6i...
zirconx is offline Find More Posts by zirconx
Old Mar 31, 2008, 01:37 PM
Lake City, PA USA
Joined Sep 1999
333 Posts
Spektrum support says it cannot be programmed this way. They suggest simply not arming the speed control until the plane is on the flight line.

Gene
GeneR is offline Find More Posts by GeneR
Old Sep 08, 2009, 08:10 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1 Posts
Thanks guys. I have throttle hold programmed on all my helis. We have normal, stunt, and hold, throttle curves available in the heli mode. I move between normal and stunt curves with my gear/f mode switch on the left of the tx (can call it the "idle up" switch). I can also move between normal or stunt curves to the hold curve with my mix/th hold switch on the right of the tx. I flatline the hold curve at 0.0% so that when I move the switch to the hold position the throttle stick sends 0.0% no matter where I move it. This is a great safety device in case the throttle gets bumped. I just tried do something similar for my first airplane in the acro mode. I tried everything I could think of in the mix area with no luck. At least now I don't feel like such a dunce.
bill williams is offline Find More Posts by bill williams
Old Sep 09, 2009, 06:39 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,654 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill williams
At least now I don't feel like such a dunce.
You can still feel like this for replying to a 1 year old thread.
The only throttle hold on DX6i is in HELI mode.

Use a rubber band tied to the back brace and wrap around the front and on the throttle stick if you are that afraid of hitting the THR stick.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip