Closed Thread
Old Dec 29, 2002, 01:35 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
zagi still annoying the public at large

Is this the image we want to present to the public?? Obnoxious sounding flying "wing" fitting about flown by punks with long hair and "no fear" bumber stickers, or that guy peeing sticker on the backwindow of their truck?.... please think about this and destroy your zagi and buy a REAL plane, for the sake of the hobby and public perceptions..
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2002, 01:59 PM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
Good luck tic...........
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson
Old Dec 29, 2002, 02:37 PM
La Grange, Georgia, United States
Joined Nov 2001
797 Posts
No Zagi for me .... but I do have a FMA Razor I bought when they discontinued them that I am going to fix up for gliding.

Eddie
emoone is offline Find More Posts by emoone
Old Dec 29, 2002, 02:48 PM
Zen Flying Master
Sweetwater, TN
Joined Sep 2002
829 Posts
So do you think we should destroy all flying wings also, because the average "public" person can't tell the difference between them. And besides, Why are you blaming a plane manufacturer?? How is it their fault. That's like blaming a car company because some of the September 11 terrorists drove one. It's not the plane, it's the flyer. I for one do have a zagi and I enjoy flying it quite a bit. It was my first flying wing, and still holds fond memories for me. But I've seen idiots out on the field flying "real planes" as you call them, so should whatever they're flying be destroyed too?

And what about gas-powered. Some people don't like them, and some idiots fly them, so should all gas powered planes be destroyed as well. And some idiots fly electrics, so there those go....Pretty soon we're out of planes to fly.

Maybe you're just against foam planes....I think most of us learned to fly on them, because it allows you to make those mistakes, and still have a plane left.

Get real. It's not the planes, it's who flies them. That is the problem you need to worry about. Granted, your opinion is your opinion, but I think you've made a completely ridiculous statement.
AUBrian is offline Find More Posts by AUBrian
Old Dec 29, 2002, 02:54 PM
jah
BALD MEMBER
North Georgia
Joined Nov 2001
1,851 Posts
HUH?
jah is offline Find More Posts by jah
Old Dec 29, 2002, 03:14 PM
He wasn't always evil
SW Wisconsin
Joined Jul 2001
1,042 Posts
AUBrian...you have to understand the man behind the name"tic." Don't take what he says as anything serious. He just doesn't like Zagis, and the veterans here don't really care

-Brett
AirVenture is offline Find More Posts by AirVenture
Old Dec 29, 2002, 03:17 PM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
==Get real. It's not the planes, it's who flies them. That is the problem you need to worry about. Granted, your opinion is your opinion, but I think you've made a completely ridiculous statement.==

just like....

"cars don't tailgate, cars don't run red lights, cars don't speed, it's the drivers"

I don't see anything wrong with zagi's there are 5 or 6 at my club, and they all fly them safely. My teddy sounded just like a zagi, so do you hate teddys too? and i have NEVER seen anyone fly a zagi(or any plane for that matter) extreamly stupidly like you discribe every zagi flyer. You realy are attacking all the zagi flyers on E-zone by saying that all zagi flyers are stupid, Obnoxious, and careless, not true! tic, you better wach what you say on E-zone, the moderators won't tollerate insults and attacks on E-zone members.

Thomas
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson
Old Dec 29, 2002, 03:17 PM
Joined Jan 2002
485 Posts
Tic, you are SUCH a naughty boy! Here we are in the midst of season of love and joy, and you are picking a fight with all the RESPECTABLE folks who fly Zagis, but DON'T have a sharpened little finger-nail for pickin' boogs and ear-wax,but DON'T have bad hair, who DON'T have people peeing stickers on their junker unmuffled Four-by's, (Oh, I suppose there might be the occasional little boy peeing plywood cut-out in the flower garden. but, really, not very many of those), etc.
Actually those straight pipes on that mutha' Like-a- Rock! Rat size V Double Bad-Ass 8 with a locked rear-end and no seats might come close to drowning out that nasty Zagi sound you've grown to hate... not a TOTAL bad thing, right? : - )
Oh, please... could you reconsider, before breaking hearts? (I'd put in a cute smiley, but don't know how!!)
Happy New Year, and may it be a great one for us all!! (Kinda scary to consider how many THIS old guy may have left...) Glen
Glennie is offline Find More Posts by Glennie
Old Dec 29, 2002, 03:42 PM
Crash Master
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Sep 2001
16,632 Posts
You guys have it all wrong. Let's take a lesson from the Liberal Left, and put the blame where it belongs: The AMA!

Why? Well, the NRA is responsible for all the drive-by shootings, domestic violence and other mindless use of firearms, by non-members..... So, the same sould be said for Zagi-toting, spiked, tattoed, funky-haired ex-skateboarders who don't belong to AMA...
Gene Bond is offline Find More Posts by Gene Bond
Old Dec 29, 2002, 03:46 PM
Brian Holmes
n/a Posts
I'm with Tic!! We have banned zagis in our area (jokingly)
If a zagi rears its ugly profile we all descend on it. Ive killed two in combat with my Bd5. Its all fun and games for us and the zagi pilots here are'nt as touchy as some of the people responding here.
Death 2 zagis!!
Brian
Old Dec 29, 2002, 04:31 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,640 Posts
tic must be bored again. Stirring the pot in search of entertainment is a time honored way to be less bored....

All the Zagi flyers I have seen in North Texas tend to be middle aged R/Cers trying something a little different They were no more annoying than the typical R/C guy...

I am certified Zagi-free, but do own and operate a PJC complete with annoying prop noise, soon to be supplemented with a Wedgie with annoying prop noise... I never let packing tape cross my fingertips, since it is a really slippery slope...
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Thomas B; Dec 29, 2002 at 04:34 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 05:02 PM
tic
thunderscreech
New Cumberland, PA. US
Joined Dec 2000
10,936 Posts
To quote another well known Ezoner.. the zagi is a pesky, noisy, gnat like insect..... (thanks Gregg)
tic is offline Find More Posts by tic
Old Dec 29, 2002, 05:30 PM
Throttle,,What's that?
Joined Sep 2002
399 Posts
OH TO FUNNY........WTG
dirtdiver is offline Find More Posts by dirtdiver
Old Dec 29, 2002, 07:18 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,500 Posts
Immortal words

"Don't feed the troll."
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Dec 29, 2002, 07:20 PM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Oct 2002
1,024 Posts
Tic, I may have to get a Zagi just because of all the negative things you have said about them
Blackbird is offline Find More Posts by Blackbird
Closed Thread