HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by 13Flatspins, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2008, 02:10 PM
Build it up!
United States, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Dec 2007
229 Posts
Discussion
Hangar 3

Greetings All!!
Here is the rest of my hangar. Here first is what I am presently working on. A. & B. are a Great Planes Electro-Streak bare bones that I've been building from a kit for my buddy “thedonn”. He has no patience for sticks & planks. The longer wing was his idea 'cause he wanted this plane to slow down plus act more like a sailplane. C. is a Fokker D-VII which is an ARF. Typically, I don't do ARFs. This one was too good of a deal to pass up.
Next are the rest of my R/C aircraft. D.& E. are my Zagi. I like to have a distinctive pattern between the top and bottom of my models. I lost a foam Cessna ARF in 1986 because I couldn’t tell if it was banking toward or away from me. F. is a Cox Double Eagle. It has a .049 engine that is mounted on a pod that attaches to the top of the wing. I’m thinking of fiberglassing it and converting to electric power. G. is my Eflite Blade CX-2. H., I. & J. are my Sig Kadet LT-40 that I built from a kit. Yes, I have to repair the crash damage. But what is interesting is how it went down. I had my friend on the buddy box and he was doing just fine. To prove a point, I took over & got 4 mistakes high. I rolled over and flew inverted to prove that it’s possible to do so with a high winged trainer. I split-essed out, got the plane level & returned control to my friend. Before I had a chance to tell him to get 4 mistakes high he rolled and pulled full up. All I could do was take over & chop the throttle before it hit! We later measured that the hole in the ground from the engine was more than 6” deep! Note that the fuse is only damaged from the fisrt cabin former forward. The impact sent the main LG wheels through the wing!
K. is my work area and wing rack, L. is my Dave Brown Simstar contoller and Saitek X-45 joystick & M. is above my monitor.
Last are pics of my non-flying scale models. I have been building these since I can remember. N. is a Tomcat in 70s colors, O. is a Stealth Fighter both in 1/32 scale. P are a B-25 and an unfinished A-20 in 1/48 scale. The next three planes were damaged by one of our ferrets who broke out of his cage and climbed up to the bookshelf. Q. was in a hundred pieces but rebuilt : Tommy Maguire’s P-38 “Pudgy”, R. & S. are a Me 262 and a Sopwith Camel. The fromer 3 are all 1/32 scale. T. is an XP-54 “Swoose Goose” resin kit from a limited run. 1/48th scale. Some day I intend on making my own plans and building a flying model of it from scratch. U,V & W are kits on my shelf waiting to be assembled.
That’s it! You’ve seen everything I have relating to flying and model aircraft. I’ll be adding more to this blog as I repair things and do new projects.
13Flatspins is offline Find More Posts by 13Flatspins
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 03, 2008, 11:53 PM
Lynnwood, wa
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
The wooden sailplane looks very similar to a Metrick RC-29 sailplane that I had, half built and then shelved.
Vethraxx is offline Find More Posts by Vethraxx
Old Jul 09, 2008, 03:22 PM
new pic, same plane....
Dayton MN
Joined Jan 2008
1,055 Posts
cool.
where do you fly? i live pretty close to you and was wondering if you drove to a flying field or if you fly at a big field near your house. you have a lot of cool planes there.i wish i had that many. are some of those models? i am specifically wondering about the p-38. it looks really nice and that would be awesome if is rc.
sketchanderase is offline Find More Posts by sketchanderase
Old Jul 19, 2008, 12:35 PM
Build it up!
United States, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Dec 2007
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchanderase
cool.
where do you fly? i live pretty close to you and was wondering if you drove to a flying field or if you fly at a big field near your house. you have a lot of cool planes there.i wish i had that many. are some of those models? i am specifically wondering about the p-38. it looks really nice and that would be awesome if is rc.
I fly at the SPMRC field in Ham Lake. The Grassfield club is closer to you being at the northwest corner of 169 and 610. I recently have been bitten by the rotary wing bug and fly my Blade 400 in my back yard.
My first model planes were scale static plastic ones and I continue to build them occasionally. The P -38 is a Revell kit. Several R/C manufacturers make P-38 kits and ARFs.
13Flatspins is offline Find More Posts by 13Flatspins