HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Tha Hodgehound, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 03, 2008, 12:01 PM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,856 Posts
Yippee!
P-39 Maiden Vid

Here's the maiden flight......

Richards P-39 (2 min 21 sec)
Tha Hodgehound is online now Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2008, 04:02 PM
End of an Era.....
Hodges Hobbies...well 8 miles from there!!!
Joined Mar 2004
2,856 Posts
Don't know what the deal was with the landing! It was almost like a downdraft or something. I kept feeding up elevator in but it kept coming down.

Somebody said I have no "Flair" (flare) ha ha!

I also found out after the flight that the reason the plane would not trim out. I was holding about 1/4 stick left aileron the whole flight. When I landed John, Mike and I looked it over and found the elevator halves to be just a little off towards the right, hence me having to "hold it" level. Got that fixed. Also looks like the wings may have the slightest amount of "anhedral"! I don't know if this has any affect on how it flies. But, John told me I could get that out too by supporting the plane by the tips and weigh it down on the fuse to level the wings or a little dihedral. Then hit the top of the wing with some heat. I'll probably fly it again before I do that and see if my trim issues are solved.
Tha Hodgehound is online now Find More Posts by Tha Hodgehound
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by hodgehound; Feb 06, 2008 at 04:17 PM.