Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 28, 2011, 10:13 AM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
AIRSALLY,
You might want to take a look at the velocity 2900(KV) motor..1900-2000 watts...6s..I have some flight video using this motor on an eflite fan..
Delta-V15 69mm fan..My batteries are not really up to the task but I'm testing in 2 to 3 min flights so they are doing OK...The vid is on the last page of my scorpion thread..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1473787&page=6

I'm extremely happy with this setup..Actually blown away with the performance in my aircraft so far..5.9 to 6.0 lbs. of thrust with my exhaust tube..If memory is correct...?The stock Eflite setup was 2.8 lbs. on 4s..
Definitely worth a look............Take care...................Chris
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2011, 11:40 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,411 Posts
Claus any word on doing a composite kit of this plane?
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Nov 18, 2011, 11:28 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,411 Posts
think of usinf a velocity motor in the alloy fan ..what kv should i try the 3700 or the 3200 ?want a nice flight on 4s and it can rip on 5s ,the plane can carry a 4s 5000 or a 5s 5000.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 04:57 AM
Greece
Joined Nov 2009
87 Posts
hi guys do you still have the plans for the draken? can you share them?
i downloaded some plans from airwar.ru and i will start, i doubled them with acrobat-x,
easy with the tile feature but if your plans are better and give more help i would like to have them , if you cannot share them its ok i understand if you can pls tell me to send you my mail

i intend to built it from balsa and plywood

thank!
sniper78 is offline Find More Posts by sniper78
Old Feb 09, 2012, 05:10 AM
Denmark
Joined Dec 2004
559 Posts
Hi,

I just recently bought DevFusFoam from Stefano Duranti and used it to model a D-35 Draken in about 4 hours. I really like the way DevFusFoam works. A simple fuselage can be modeled in less than an hour, but the more complex Draken shape takes longer.

DevFusFoam can even create CAD files for the upper and lower spines + patterns for a balsa sheeting.

DevFusFoam doesn´t control the CNC foam cutter, but creates G-code which can then be used by programs like Mach 3.

- Michael
michaelghammer is offline Find More Posts by michaelghammer
Last edited by michaelghammer; Feb 09, 2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2012, 05:53 AM
Greece
Joined Nov 2009
87 Posts
hi nice but i am not familiar with cad programs , just downloded the learning version and i am lost

if someone has plans that can share them i would apreciate it
Old Feb 09, 2012, 07:35 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,411 Posts
"Clausxpf "has the drawings that i made mine from ,i have inlet ducts for Claus' drawings .he was working on molds for kitting this.i may do molds too if he gives me permission.but i got a few other projects going that need finished before i could start.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 04:46 AM
Greece
Joined Nov 2009
87 Posts
if claus can share or can give you permission to give the plans pls tell me thank you

by the way if you take the plans from airwar .ru that are in 1/72 scale and put them in adobe -x and double them, just double in tile option without touch the fit to page at the size options and go straight to poster options and at the tile scale put from 100% to 200%
yoy have draken with 1.10 meters length but much paper anyway

with your thread and the thread from a taiwan guy here i think i can make it i just asked cause i saw that you made it with claus plans
ans the result was good!

michealghammer
as for devfus foam good program i am starting to learn it yesterday i spent 4hours and its ok but the problem is the pictures of the formers that you put as example are not in the same size you want to make them and you cannot put them in the horizontal and vertical axis precisle and i think you cannot make them biger so you can work over them but maybe i am missing something
you get an idea ofcourse but i dont know if the result will be a reasonable scale
Last edited by sniper78; Feb 10, 2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:26 AM
Greece
Joined Nov 2009
87 Posts
ok guys i got the woods seems that claus doesnt want to share ok no problem but a little tip from me to claus

make a decision claus are you a professional or an amateur ? north is heavy lol come to south for a break

ty anyway
Old Feb 11, 2012, 02:47 PM
Claus at Area 52
copenhagen Denmark
Joined May 2002
2,528 Posts
give me one single reason that i should spend a lot of hours to develop a balsa kit for you?
I do make a little money on designing planes and fans, I would say i am proff.
it is at the moment more interesting for me to make planes that are foam and fiberglas on both sides as it is faster and very much stronger.
your last remarch here is the reason that you do not get anything at all.
Claus
clausxpf is offline Find More Posts by clausxpf
Old Feb 11, 2012, 04:52 PM
Greece
Joined Nov 2009
87 Posts
hi claus i dont ask to make me the kit i just asked for the plans or drawings if you have them and you can share them because i saw that some people asked too and i got the courage to ask you ,after 2 days of waiting my last remark was not so bad anyway no problem peace!!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:49 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,835 Posts
Here you go :-)
http://www.parkjets.com/draken/
30% of the build work and probably 80% of the performance (dependant on motor fitted) for 25% of the costs.
Also look at Steve Shumates' models (jetset 44) Very Nice and proven excellent fliers
http://www.parkjets.com/free-plans/c...umate-jetset44
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Last edited by Bare; Feb 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:45 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,411 Posts
Claus gave me permission to make molds of the Draken .....and if i do and kit it i will pay % of the money to Claus for all of his work on this project ...my proplem is time ....i have a F-20 im doing molds of right now and it is at least 2 years behind where it should be .then i have a proplem ...i have drawings for a 90mm version...so do i do a 90 or 70 mm Draken i think my Flying Draken is too soft to use as a plug ...and it's not perfect in shape ....so a lot of work to get to the point of selling it as a kit.but time will tell.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:01 AM
United States, HI, Kapolei
Joined Jan 2007
1,440 Posts
i see the one one parkjets.com, would any one have any tips or guide to make it a full fuse (steve style construction) ?
thank you so much
Carl
smkn951 is offline Find More Posts by smkn951
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:16 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,411 Posts
the build in this thread is the only way to make a nice Draken..the fuse has shapes that wont work with shumate type of construction.