HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 12, 2009, 08:08 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
when i walk with it in the wind and hang on to a gear leg it is trying to fly out of my hand ....lots of lift ...but if you stall the outer wings the c/g moves aft and it will pitch up ,they do deep stall training with a 2 seater out here at mojave at the civilian test pilots school ...there was a vid on you tube ...it looks scary for sure ,,,cant wait to fly her
AIR SALLY is offline Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 12, 2009, 09:53 PM
Fast Jets for Fast times
St. Peters MO.
Joined Nov 2007
1,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
..but if you stall the outer wings the c/g moves aft and it will pitch up ,:
Something to watch out for on the deltas I guess. I was hopping for if power loss happens it would float in like my F-4 and 15 so looks like throttle up. Your Draken sure is looking like your close.
Lmeano_from_MO is offline Find More Posts by Lmeano_from_MO
Old Apr 12, 2009, 10:26 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
just spent the eveing going through this thread .....i am sorry this is taking so long ....but the end product will be very nice ...poor Claus is waiting for his baby to be born i'll see what i can get done this week .thanks for all the input all of you have made to this project.really trying to get it done by this sat or next. thats the best i can do
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:25 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
got some more sanding done and sprayed a coat of epoxy chromate primer on tonite as a guide coat ...brite green
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:59 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,293 Posts
Man you gotta show us pics!! Even in nasty primer
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Apr 14, 2009, 02:47 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
AS, man you gotta share. I cant wait to see this one in person.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:41 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
It's Green ....and it's alive

well i got the esc working ..took a bit but the CCHV 110 does work on 4s....so i got it all soldered up got a bec from C/N and a few phone calls later it was in the plane and running! on a storged charged XPS 5000 4s batt (16.35 and cold 50-60 degrees) it pumped out a peak of 1300 watts at 92 amps..it settled in at @ 1275 ish watts and 90 amps ...that should get it done so it only looses less than or right at 100 watts breathing through the 20 something inch long scale ducts...it's not pretty yet needs alot of sanding but i'll set it up and fly first......all the control surfaces are next and a tail pipe extension of some sort ....man it sure is loud in my small shop ,sounds like a dang schubie
Old Apr 14, 2009, 11:59 PM
Renegade Fun Forever!!
Fontana, California, United States
Joined Jul 2004
27,293 Posts
Sweet Rodger! Kinds like the Incredible Hulk!
rvincent is offline Find More Posts by rvincent
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:46 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
i was having trouble seeing where i needed to sand so i just put a coat on as a guide coat ..it needs a lot of filling ...maybe i should have put another coat of epoxy on ...but this is a waterbase epoxy primer and it sands nice and leaves a great finish ...this is what i use on all my plugs for molds...hmmmm
Old Apr 15, 2009, 07:25 AM
Now in TN!
Chapel Hill, TN USA
Joined Apr 2001
24,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
Sweet Rodger! Kinds like the Incredible Hulk!
Ha! Man, it looks fast just sitting there Rodger!

J
J Morgan is offline Find More Posts by J Morgan
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV-10A Bronco from Palmer Plans
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:39 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Sep 2002
2,899 Posts
Fantastic work Roger. What a great shape - can't wait to see it slicing through the air!

You think it is strong enough to serve as a plug? Be a shame if it didn't release intact.

tn
Thomas Nelson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Nelson
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:49 AM
Claus at Area 52
copenhagen Denmark
Joined May 2002
2,533 Posts
Rodger
one thing for sure it have got all the lines from the original .. you have got it right on the spot.
that green primer is it the same used for real aluminium airplanes?
the little drop in thrust static is part of the just right size for the duct in the air, the duct intake area will not slow you down..it is just on the step...
I am like a child waiting for christmas... to see that in the air.
Claus
clausxpf is offline Find More Posts by clausxpf
Old Apr 15, 2009, 09:55 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
Hello Claus ..yes the green primer is a zinc chromate primer used for full size aircraft alum and composite. with some color on it you can see the lines and curves of this bird ...it wont be too much longer . it is snowing here today ...not good as all our fruit trees blossomed about 10 days ago . very windy here too . more pics tonite i hope ...im off to the doctors to see if there is anything i can do for a bone spur on my heel.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:34 PM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,196 Posts
Rodger, She looks really slick and ready to cut up some air. Absolutely beautiful. Keep up the work and hope you can get the spur taken care of.

Jason
FresnoJay is offline Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:35 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,621 Posts
Jay ,Kaiser bites! i take a day off work go to the doc ...and they say i cancelled the app. i was not happy ....they would not see me i was pretty mad. so for now i guess i live with it ...not going to let a bunch of idiots cut me if they cant keep there app straight ...with a computer even
on a brighter note took "little c/n " down to the jet shack tonite(we were baby sitting) he said "Wow" a bunch of times talked some jibberish and started getting into every thing ...he was tearing off little pieces of foam from the cradle....i got the elevons hooked up tonite .alierons are backwards so i got to work that,and a tail pipe ...might get a taxi test in sat.
Last edited by AIR SALLY; Apr 16, 2009 at 10:41 PM.