HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 29, 2002, 12:30 AM
Queen Creek, AZ
Joined Oct 2002
36 Posts
Luigi´s p-51 Mustang

This is my Mustang I´m building now. It´s completely stock except the retracts and wheels...well, the mouth-shark nose too. I'm waiting to receive the receiver and esc to complete the plane (and hopefully a bit of good weather) to fly it...I really like the scale look of the p-51!!!

Luigi
Luigi_the_flyer is offline Find More Posts by Luigi_the_flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2002, 12:32 AM
Queen Creek, AZ
Joined Oct 2002
36 Posts
Another pic

From the bottom
Old Dec 29, 2002, 12:56 AM
orlando fl
Joined Oct 2000
5,714 Posts
looks good, lose the punk tail wheel, love the retracts (gottem on my zero and now the P-51. hope maiden goes well, did you go with the stock motor?
dave morris is offline Find More Posts by dave morris
Old Dec 31, 2002, 09:06 PM
Queen Creek, AZ
Joined Oct 2002
36 Posts
Thanks

Thank you Dave...yes I don´t like that tailwheel either, planning on a new one that looks better...regarding the motor, yes I´m going to use the stock one but with a 9x7 prop since I´m using a 9.6 volts battery (8 pack 750 mAh AAA)...same one I use in my switchback. Yesterday (after some time adjusting here and there !!!) finally got the retracts to work fine...and yeah!!! they look really good going up and down.

Happy New Year!!!
Luigi
Old Dec 31, 2002, 11:10 PM
Ancaster, Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2000
2,525 Posts
Ohhh yummy yummy!

Another excellent looking 'stang. Can you post details on how you fitted the retracts? Did you simply dig a hole through the wing? Whats the AUW?

Have you considered putting retract covers on the landing gear? (I.E the planks on the side of the landing gear a-la scale P-51)

Lookin good!

Best Regards

Paul

www.canadianmodelsupply.com
-GWS ARFs and Electronics (and P-51s )
Paul Penney is online now Find More Posts by Paul Penney
Old Jan 01, 2003, 12:17 AM
Tee Sqaured
Langley, B.C, Canada
Joined Jun 2001
4,548 Posts
are those firebird XL wheels?

Looks sweet!

Thomas
Thomas Manson is offline Find More Posts by Thomas Manson
Old Jan 01, 2003, 08:11 AM
Hacker motoren rules :)
Sweden, Östergötland County, Norrköping
Joined Sep 2001
763 Posts
looks greate!

Have you gotten the RX and ESC yet?
what is your AUW?

Maby I´ll have to install those retracts enyway

/Philip
Philip Thulin is offline Find More Posts by Philip Thulin
Old Jan 01, 2003, 09:08 PM
Joined Apr 2002
16 Posts
That is a fantastic looking "Mustang"!!! Where did the Shark Nose stickers come from?
meyerkbw is offline Find More Posts by meyerkbw
Old Jan 01, 2003, 11:36 PM
Queen Creek, AZ
Joined Oct 2002
36 Posts
Retracts

Unfortunately, I have not received my Rx and ESC yet to maiden my ´stang....but here are some details about the retract setup. You can see in the picture how I did the holes in the wing and how I buried the servo (hs-55) in the upper part of the wing and hot glued. I was working in very small steps on this until I got the movement that allow the retracts to work properly...yes, it took a while...but I think it turned ok and the ez- connectors I used on the servo arm, allows me to make these adjustments a little bit easier, together with the EPA in the remote. Yes, I was considering planks on the side of the landing gear, but first I want to see how it flies and what is my final weight ( I don´t have a scale right now).

The wheels are light weight foam wheels...not really sure but I think from Dubro (I already have them from a spare set when I built my Switchback).

I actually painted the shark mouth nose with acrylic paint...and a very tiny brush for the teeth...

Happy New Year to all!!!
Luigi