HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2008, 09:28 AM
Permanently Banned
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Dec 2002
64 Posts
Whoops!
"...Forgive us as we forgive those who trespass against us..."

So how do we treat those who trespass against us?

We waterboard them, so that they think they are drowning, without actually letting them drown.

We smash in their front doors in the middle of the night, turn their possessions upside down, confiscate any valuables they may have, arrest and incarcerate their youth, even their children...

We declare them to be "enemy combatants" and not prisoners of war, so that we can torture them indefinitely and not have to treat them under Geneva Conventions

We send them to overseas torture facilities, so that we do not break US laws...

We keep them in Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib....

AND THIS IS BEFORE WE HAVE EVEN DETERMINED WHETHER THEY HAVE TRESPASSED AGAINST US OR NOT!!!!

....you get the picture...

Do we REALLY want that kind of thing to be done to us?

WE SHOULD BE THANKFUL THAT GOD DOES NOT CHOOSE TO ANSWER ALL OUR PRAYERS!!!
iwannarc is offline Find More Posts by iwannarc
Last edited by iwannarc; Feb 01, 2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old Feb 01, 2008, 09:35 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannarc
AND THIS IS BEFORE WE HAVE EVEN DETERMINED WHETHER THEY HAVE TRESPASSED AGAINST US!!!!
I have a captain friend who was involved in the prisoner sorting process while in Iraq. He was of the firm opinion that nobody got sent to Gitmo without going through at least three boards that determined that he was indeed deserving of getting sent there. There was litle doubt in his mind that all who got sent were indeed enemy combatants, not non-hostile.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Feb 01, 2008, 09:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2005
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannarc
So how do we treat those who trespass against us?

We waterboard them, so that they think they are drowning, without actually letting them drown.

We smash in their front doors in the middle of the night, turn their possessions upside down, confiscate any valuables they may have, arrest and incarcerate their youth, even their children...

We declare them to be "enemy combatants" and not prisoners of war, so that we can torture them indefinitely and not have to treat them under Geneva Conventions

We send them to overseas torture facilities, so that we do not break US laws...

We keep them in Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib....

AND THIS IS BEFORE WE HAVE EVEN DETERMINED WHETHER THEY HAVE TRESPASSED AGAINST US OR NOT!!!!

....you get the picture...

Do we REALLY want that kind of thing to be done to us?

WE SHOULD BE THANKFUL THAT GOD DOES NOT CHOOSE TO ANSWER ALL OUR PRAYERS!!!
We should treat the Islamofacist in the same manner they treat us. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth. If we just crushed them, there would be no further issues ...

Astroguy
Astroguy is offline Find More Posts by Astroguy
Old Feb 01, 2008, 09:42 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
I have a captain friend who was involved in the prisoner sorting process while in Iraq. He was of the firm opinion that nobody got sent to Gitmo without going through at least three boards that determined that he was indeed deserving of getting sent there. There was litle doubt in his mind that all who got sent were indeed enemy combatants, not non-hostile.
So, prisoners taken in Iraq were/are shipped to Guantanamo? Or was your captain friend reporting only hearsay? And if those sent were so thoroughly deserving of being sent, perhaps you would like to explain why hundreds more have been released than have ever faced charges.
martin richards is offline Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Feb 01, 2008, 09:50 AM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroguy
We should treat the Islamofacist in the same manner they treat us. An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth. If we just crushed them, there would be no further issues ...

Astroguy

That would certainly get rid of every last ally the US has. You should really try thinking of the consequences such an action would have for the US diplomatically if your government actually did what you suggest.
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Old Feb 01, 2008, 09:52 AM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Dec 2005
1,023 Posts
Thank God Astro is not a diplomat...or a General....
Twizter68 is offline Find More Posts by Twizter68
Old Feb 01, 2008, 09:54 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Read what I said, instead of what you think I said.

1. He was involved in the prisoner sorting process in Iraq at the company level.
2. He was of the firm opinion that nobody got sent to Gitmo without going through at least three boards that determined that he was indeed deserving of getting sent there.

I hope this clears up your misunderstanding.
Old Feb 01, 2008, 10:25 AM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Oct 2002
1,354 Posts
I go along with forgiving our enemies. Then do what ever is necessary to protect ourselves and conquer them.
mode1 is offline Find More Posts by mode1
Old Feb 01, 2008, 10:27 AM
texas
Joined Oct 2003
130 Posts
good point astroguy
steelfaith1 is offline Find More Posts by steelfaith1
Old Feb 01, 2008, 10:51 AM
did it flied?
London, UK
Joined Apr 2005
760 Posts
Awesome Islamo-Christian Rap Song: MC Khalid Yasin

"Those tunes are flowing tight, know what I'm saying?" 9/10 ---Neil

"Spin it around again! I dig the back ground vocal harmonics" 8/10 ---Jules

"MC Khalid has practically re-invented a new genre of cross-cultural music, Islamo-Christian Rap, he has paved the way of tight beats, wicked bops and glorious spine-tingling rhymes; this is the future of hot bopping beats " 10/10 ---- Nick

MC Khalid
Electronick is offline Find More Posts by Electronick
Old Feb 01, 2008, 10:53 AM
Useful Idiot
Asturias, Spain
Joined Mar 2001
3,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy
Read what I said, instead of what you think I said.

1. He was involved in the prisoner sorting process in Iraq at the company level.
2. He was of the firm opinion that nobody got sent to Gitmo without going through at least three boards that determined that he was indeed deserving of getting sent there.

I hope this clears up your misunderstanding.
That is why I asked. One could infer from reading your post that the Captain was involved in sorting prisoners in Iraq, who were later sent to Guantánamo or that your Captain friend had no first hand knowledge of Guántanamo detainees, and was merely reporting hearsay. Is there any logical connection between your points 1 and 2. Your subsequent post has done little to clarify my doubts.
Regarding reading posts before responding:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=134
martin richards is offline Find More Posts by martin richards
Old Feb 01, 2008, 11:09 AM
Suspended Account
United States, UT, Salina
Joined Apr 2003
3,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizter68
Thank God Astro is not a diplomat...or a General....
Or a Clinton.

Would you like to have him censored... Constrained, Worse?
Bilbobaker is offline Find More Posts by Bilbobaker
Old Feb 01, 2008, 11:12 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Last time I looked, Iwanna, we weren't cutting anybody's heads off.

Or blowing up dozens of children in open markets.

Shall I go on?

HF
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Feb 01, 2008, 11:12 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Richards
It could be merely a preferred synonym for a "truth" by those predisposed to believe it, e.g., by those that consider that the finding of a rusty thirty-year-year old cannon shell demonstrated the truth of Iraq's possessing undeclared wmd:
(emphasis mine)

Hope this clears up your misremembering.
Old Feb 01, 2008, 11:15 AM
Suspended Account
Fayetteville, NC
Joined Dec 2002
2,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin richards
That is why I asked. One could infer from reading your post that the Captain was involved in sorting prisoners in Iraq, who were later sent to Guantánamo or that your Captain friend had no first hand knowledge of Guántanamo detainees, and was merely reporting hearsay. Is there any logical connection between your points 1 and 2. Your subsequent post has done little to clarify my doubts.
In either circumstance, his friend is ill informed. Some (maybe even most) Gitmo prisoners were legitimately suspected of acting against the interests of the United States. Some (almost certainly not most - but enough to matter) are in Gitmo with exactly the same evidence and under the same circumstances that "witches" were accused in Salem.

Either the residents of Gitmo are POWs or they are being wrongly incarcerated. They clearly are not POWs.
sarge is offline Find More Posts by sarge