Composite ARF Rookie II Turbine Jet
I am selling an awesome ARTF Turbine Jet. No turbine included. It is the Composite ARF Rookie II. The jet and almost everything in it is brand new. I need to sell this fine jet that I have hundreds of hours researching, putting together, and setting up so that I can buy a light sport airplane that I found locally that I can fly once I get my pilots license. Here is what this Rookie is equiped with:
It is the Rookie II with the canards in front.
- Landing gear is the Jet 1A trailing link gear with 2 of the Jettronics electronic air valves. 1 for gear and 1 for brakes. There is also an aluminum air gauge holder/air fill station mounted oposite of the canard servo. It has BVM fill valves installed and looks incredibly nice.
- Tamjets 4-way thrust vectoring pipe.
- All Hitec servos. 7 - 5945MG servos, 4 for the two wings, 2 for the thrust vectoring, and 1 for the canards. 2 - 5625MG servos both on rudders. 3 - 645MG servos, 1 on steering, the other 2 are on the airbrake mixed together with a Smart-Fly Equalizer II.
- 2 Futaba 149DP PCM receivers on channel 58 with Revolution Whip antennas
- 2 Thunder Power 2100, 2 cell lithium batteries with Voltage Regulating Failsafe switches for the receivers.
- Sullivan Skywriter Smoke pump with titanium nozzle at the turbine. Battery for the smoke system is a 5 cell Nickel Metal 2250 mAh. I have two 20 Oz. Dubro tanks on either side of the airbrake for the smoke oil.
- Fuel system is the Composite Arf 3 liter Fiberglass tank with a Supertrap air eliminator tank.
- It comes with the factory wing and vertical tail protective bags.
Some of the unique features of the is jet are:
4 way thrust pipe
Turbine bay was painted with BVM Heat Shield and the area above exhaust also has a ceramic heat blanket material to protect the engine housing.
The ability to use a 9 channel transmitter, as there are 2 receivers and those 2 electronic air vavles. With those valves, I was actually able to program them with the airbrake to all be on one channel. So three functions on one channel all operated at a different point of the spectrum. I spent hours and hours trying to figure out how I can make everything work with my 9C transmitter. I got it.
The fueling station at the back of the cockpit area. You do all of your filling in one location. The turbine shutoff and smoke oil shutoff are also located on my starting panel. Once again, tons of time put into this part. You will by the pictures how nice it looks.
This whole jet has been meticulously put together and is brand new ready for you to go have a ball with.
Shipping in the US will be around $200. Email me for an exact quote.
If you have any questions or need more pictures, please feel free to email me at: email@example.com. If you would like for me to give you a call, please leave your # and the best time to call. Thank You.
Here is a list of all of the components that are in the jet, just to give an idea of what I have into it and to let you know what kind of a buy this jet really is.
7 X 5945MG servos - $90 each = $630
2 X 5625MG servos - $55 each = $110
3 X 645MG servos - $40 each = $80
Servo arms & linkages - $60
Tamjets 4 way thrust vectoring pipe - $230
Sullivan Skywriter smoke pump - $80
Smoke tube injector - $15
Supertrap air trap - $40
Air fill system assembly - $95
Fuel fill, shutoff, Festo fittings, and fuel tanks - $60
Fiberglass fuel cell kit for the Rookie II - $69
Servo Extensions and Y harnesses - $75
2 X Fail safe voltage regulators with switch - $70
2 X TP 2 cell 2100mAh Lithium packs - $100
2 X Futaba R149DP PCM receivers - $320
Cmposite ARF Rookie II kit - $920
Smartfly Equilizer II - $40
Jet 1A landing gear set with electronic valves - $950
Misc. building supplies - glues, paints, simulated carbon mounting plate, etc. - $100
All this totals $4044 plus I had to pay shipping on all of these items, which was way more than $200.
Not to mention that I have hundreds of hours planning, building, fabricating, changing, programming, and testing.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For Sale||Composite Arf Rookie II Turbine RTF||snowfly||Aircraft - Fuel - Jets (FS/W)||6||Jan 14, 2008 02:00 PM|
|FMA Razor 400 ARF version II||pval3||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||1||Apr 24, 2003 12:52 AM|
|WOW! - Got to see my first RC Turbine Jet.||mrebman||Electric Plane Talk||24||Sep 28, 2001 12:01 AM|