Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Vethraxx, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 01:13 AM
Lynnwood, wa
Joined Oct 2007
91 Posts
Discussion
I'm Going to do it!

I just can't help it. I got the wood and have started to build this plane.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...ctive%26sa%3DX

I printed out the plans and it looks like it's going to have a 40" wingspan. It was made for rubber FF, but I THINK I can make it electric. I will add ailerons and cross my fingers. The plans have a few discrepancies in them. When they were scanned there is about 1/4" or more missing when you try to butt the printed pages next to each other. I eye balled what looked like the appropriate distance and filled in the rest with a pen. Also, fuselage former #13 is missing a mark for a rib.

I am going to build it following the original instructions and materials. When I get the winds I will add the ailerons. The pictures are of me chalking the paper forms onto my balsa stalk. I tried hand tracing them and I found it inaccurate as the pencil lost it's tip, snagging the paper etc. I thought about gluing the paper to the wood and decided it's to much extra effort.

Have they improved tissue covering? Or is it all passe? I'll keep updating this. I have never had to cut all my pieces from scratch before.

Long Live the Dremel !
Vethraxx is offline Find More Posts by Vethraxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2008, 12:01 AM
The Tenth Dimension
Auburn, CA
Joined Dec 2006
452 Posts
looks interesting, good luck!
nieb15 is offline Find More Posts by nieb15