HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2002, 04:33 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
What size servos for a fixed pitch .30(?) size heli?

I a complete newcomer in regards to helicopters. I have however been flying RC airplanes for 10 years and am currently a flight instructor for two local clubs. I design and build my own planes as well.

I just picked up a used but not abused Revolution fixed pitch helicopter with all the parts except the canopy. It has a rotor diameter of 42" so I'm guessing it's a .30 size from looking at stats on other helis rotor diameters. I've done numerous searches and can find a few parts available from Horizon but not the Revolution website. I'd love to find a copy of the original instructions if that is at all possible.

A few questions.
1. What size servos should I use? I have a Futaba radio and Hitec RX.
2. Where should I balance or place the CG on it?
3. Is there a website that I missed?
4. What sort of angle should I make the cyclic(?) tilt to at full servo travel?
GregG is offline Find More Posts by GregG
to remove ads between posts