SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 05, 2010, 05:47 PM
by ZIPPER
East Kurrajong Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2004
5,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSELECTRIC View Post
Will 19inHg be enough or will I neeed to set it up to get more?
I use to pull 27"Hg but have now back it of to 12"Hg. I found the more vacuum you pull you end up with more dimples and ripples.
ZIPPER is offline Find More Posts by ZIPPER
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2010, 04:54 PM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,523 Posts
Lemontree today
I went out to Dayboro mid arvo, with a mild sou’wester picking up. Driving into the paddock I was shocked to see the weed growth! A year ago, we had a working bee out there – that was when Nick got a car trailer to take my little tractor out and we slashed the landing areas. I expected a few weeds but this was incredible! There are hardly any open grass areas at all.

My recollection of last year is lots of days we thought would be OK but turned out to have dodgy lift and bad DS, so I didn’t have high expectations. I went up to the top ridge near the Lemontree area and threw my light SC1 out. It went up like a helium balloon – great lift – and I had an excellent time whipping its light airframe around DSing in great smooth conditions. A very pleasant surprise. The wind direction must have been bang on.

The only thing I flew was the SC2 and I had a ball with it – I feel very impressed. It is a great feeling flying something you’ve made, and its toughness takes sloping to a whole new level. So much less stress. I had a few hot landings into the weeds and wasn’t at all worried, but I’m pretty sure it would have crunched the leading edge on my old Nemesis. I was amazed how well the SC2 DS’ed.

Did a bit of DS in the Bowl too. Didn’t’ work as well as I remembered, but OK. Normally it’s a DS learner’s paradise. Anyone who wants to come out and have a go – let me know – the owners are friendly and as long as you behave they’re happy for people to fly.

Did a bit of self-video, trying to capture the radar gun – but the exposure wasn’t right and you can’t see the numbers. Best speed was around 90mph I guess.

At the last minute I was about to land and race off to get to church on time. Overshot the landing a bit, wafted back out the front for some lift, but got caught in a rotor behind a tree and the SC2 flopped lightly down into the scrub.

Problem! That scrub wasn’t nice last year, but it’s grown back much worse! I tried a few dead ends scratching myself up smashing down the thick lantana, wasting 10 minutes or more. Went back to the top, made another assault and after more lantana smashing and scrambling through tunnels I finally recovered the plane. Getting it back through the shrubbery without breaking it was a challenge, but one I’m accustomed to. I madly threw my jeans and good shirt on and drove off. After 200metres I slammed on the brakes …. Where were my sunglasses??? I’d had them on when I went to get the plane!

By now it was getting dark too …

Suffice to say after searching the car, zigzagging around the paddock and lots of grumbling I went back over the fence into the lantana, scrambled and slid back through those tunnels, and by some sort of miracle found the sunnies deep in the scrub.

I looked a bit strange sneaking into church 15mins late with sticky grass seeds and brown and green stains on my clothes, but that’s the cost of the slope addiction!

Here's a bit of video. I chopped out most of the flying as even I have to admit it's pretty boring watching planes going round!

Solo DSing the SC2 at Lemontree (2 min 12 sec)
AvB is online now Find More Posts by AvB
Old Jun 07, 2010, 02:35 AM
Magic Blue Smoke costs to much
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
jason H is offline Find More Posts by jason H
Last edited by jason H; Jun 08, 2010 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Edited because others find them offensive.
Old Jun 07, 2010, 02:40 AM
Bored!
Roxburgh Park.
Joined Jun 2009
580 Posts
few new holes dug sunday just gone lol.... the plane was "crap" he stated and biffed it into the ground next to the car lol.....dad said "what did you do wrong" reply was....."i f#@$en came here" lol noobs....they make me laugh and keep my day interesting
dsfever is offline Find More Posts by dsfever
Old Jun 07, 2010, 04:01 AM
I hate propellors
Australia, SA, Normanville
Joined May 2009
376 Posts
emufingers is offline Find More Posts by emufingers
Last edited by emufingers; Jun 08, 2010 at 04:56 AM. Reason: offending video deleted
Old Jun 07, 2010, 04:15 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
I don't give a rats a$$ what you think or say, I think it's damm funny.
Old Jun 07, 2010, 04:43 AM
Time to burn up some wind yo!
Palmwoods, QLD, Australia
Joined Jan 2009
1,272 Posts
great report as usual andrew, will watch vid when im back on the coase
AussieJarred is offline Find More Posts by AussieJarred
Old Jun 07, 2010, 04:51 AM
by ZIPPER
Joined Aug 2004
5,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason H View Post
As in the colorful expression "I don't give a rat's ass." The origin of this phrase is unknown. Perhaps it came from "I don't have a care in the world," which is an interesting use of the word care, which is usually a verb. A more mild version is "I don't give a flip." Also "I don't give a $h!t." Most people don't give their $h!t to anyone except doctors, and even then only when explicitly asked for. Giving a flying fcuk would be rather difficult even if you were equiped with a twin-person hang glider. The weight shifts would probably send you out of control.

When the term was first coined, presumably a rat's ass was the least valuable thing that the speaker could possibly imagine. If the subject of a sentence doesn't even "give a rat's ass" about something, the implication is that he or she certainly wouldn't give more valuable things, such as concern, or a second thought to the object of the sentence. Thus if I were to say, "I don't give a rat's ass about what she thinks", what I really mean is that her thoughts are absolutely worthless to me, and I wouldn't be willing to trade a rat's ass in exchange for knowledge of her thoughts, or any chance to talk to her and attempt to change her thoughts.

There is some debate as to whether a $h!t might be more worthless than a rat's ass. However, it is generally contended that a flying fcuk is not real in even a metaphorical sense; my conclusion is that by saying "I don't give a flying fcuk", the implied meaning is "I don't even care enough to make a coherent sentence regarding the topic."
Old Jun 07, 2010, 05:03 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason H View Post
The second one is utter crap and doesn't belong here. You found it funny? That's almost sad.....

And it has nothing to do with being PC or not, it is just garbage that doesn't belong here.
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old Jun 07, 2010, 05:11 AM
Alphabets make great soup
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Jul 2008
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIPPER View Post
Giving a flying fcuk would be rather difficult even if you were equiped with a twin-person hang glider. The weight shifts would probably send you out of control.
Now that would be a much funnier video.
Hamburglar is offline Find More Posts by Hamburglar
Old Jun 07, 2010, 05:52 AM
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouch View Post
The second one is utter crap and doesn't belong here. You found it funny? That's almost sad.....

And it has nothing to do with being PC or not, it is just garbage that doesn't belong here.

Oh ok Paul that really rich comming from you. I find it a little less sad (as you put it) and almost hypocritical concidering you used a video of an actor portrayed as Hitler (one of the worlds biggest mass murderer) as part of something you would like other to find funny. So I take it by your above posted statment (used in the same content as yourself) that it's ok to promote such an evil person or is it that you just have a problem with me.

Hitler does DS (3 min 49 sec)
Old Jun 07, 2010, 06:14 AM
by ZIPPER
Joined Aug 2004
5,674 Posts
Old Jun 07, 2010, 06:22 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,081 Posts
Of the over 2000 views I have had with that video, you are the ONLY person to bring up the "hitler" thing, why is that?

That video is about sloping, but the fact you went straight for that video shows you've got nothing. Your second video is nothing but pure racism which we don't need in this thread. That was my problem with it. You have a problem with that, then you can stick it where the sun don't shine

I did not promote Hitler, in fact he is made out to be a dickhead in my edit.

Tell us all why you think the video you posted was funny in the slightest?

btw, I have no problem with you, (but quickly getting one) but you seemed to jump to that conclusion pretty quick.
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Last edited by gouch; Jun 07, 2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: I think I made my point
Old Jun 07, 2010, 06:34 AM
Australia, VIC, Lang Lang
Joined Feb 2009
130 Posts
Michael.J.P is offline Find More Posts by Michael.J.P
Old Jun 07, 2010, 06:56 AM
Slope flyer
Joined Jun 2009
205 Posts
angrydragon119 is offline Find More Posts by angrydragon119