Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 04, 2010, 07:20 PM
Arrarrar!
josh18's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Wagga Wagga
Joined Jan 2010
3,228 Posts
where is glenfern road?
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
Last edited by josh18; Jun 04, 2010 at 07:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2010, 11:05 PM
Windburner Factory Pilot
swoop119's Avatar
Joined May 2008
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18 View Post
where is glenfern road?
Its out East of Melbourne.It's a small inland slope facing South that is frequented by the white hat brigade flying usually rudder/elevator gliders made of balsa such as the Gentle Lady.The more senior of this "cult" who call this area there home slope fly more advanced models such as the "Bird of Time".Be careful if approaching them,remember you are in there territory and they will defend it with whatever regulations they have at hand in there rulebooks(they carry these "rules" with them at all times and have every section and paragraph memorised).As soon as you get out of your car they usually mob you and ask to see your membership and insurance.They may also try and sieze your transmitter to check for certification.Take care whilst they are inspecting your model as models in this area are often out of control and may spear into the car park,flying area and even the adjacent road at any time.They may also want to see proof of some proficiency level which in there language is called "solo" or "bronze wings"....as you are not one of there "species" and will not have these required papers they will want to test fly your model for you which inevitably will end in the destruction of your model and with them blaming your equipment rather than there lack of skill for the models demise.At this point they will try and entice you into there gang by offering a place in one of there training programs.This is not what it seams but is rather part of the "grooming" process where they try and brain wash you into believing there way is the only way and you should give up flying the evil and dreaded "carbon model" and join there "cult" to see the light as they put it.............just be carefull out there.
swoop119 is offline Find More Posts by swoop119
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 12:20 AM
knee ligaments are over rated
dingo's Avatar
Melbourne , Outer East .
Joined Dec 2003
2,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop119 View Post
Its out East of Melbourne.It's a small inland slope facing South that is frequented by the white hat brigade flying usually rudder/elevator gliders made of balsa such as the Gentle Lady.The more senior of this "cult" who call this area there home slope fly more advanced models such as the "Bird of Time".Be careful if approaching them,remember you are in there territory and they will defend it with whatever regulations they have at hand in there rulebooks(they carry these "rules" with them at all times and have every section and paragraph memorised).As soon as you get out of your car they usually mob you and ask to see your membership and insurance.They may also try and sieze your transmitter to check for certification.Take care whilst they are inspecting your model as models in this area are often out of control and may spear into the car park,flying area and even the adjacent road at any time.They may also want to see proof of some proficiency level which in there language is called "solo" or "bronze wings"....as you are not one of there "species" and will not have these required papers they will want to test fly your model for you which inevitably will end in the destruction of your model and with them blaming your equipment rather than there lack of skill for the models demise.At this point they will try and entice you into there gang by offering a place in one of there training programs.This is not what it seams but is rather part of the "grooming" process where they try and brain wash you into believing there way is the only way and you should give up flying the evil and dreaded "carbon model" and join there "cult" to see the light as they put it.............just be carefull out there.
LMAO , Sadly it can be a bit like this .
dingo is online now Find More Posts by dingo
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 02:16 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2004
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Bennett View Post
Hi AUSELECTRIC
congratulations on your baby girl. Is this your first baby.
The vacuum gauge looks really good let me know how it performs.
Thanks Kev
Guage works fine and the $40 PUMP from http://shop.ebay.com.au/acgauges/m.h..._from=&_ipg=25 pulled 19inHg without having the connections 100%


Will 19inHg be enough or will I neeed to set it up to get more?
AUSELECTRIC is offline Find More Posts by AUSELECTRIC
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 02:25 AM
Entropy is happening!
Jim.Thompson's Avatar
Bellingen NSW Australia
Joined Aug 2008
6,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSELECTRIC View Post
Guage works fine and the $40 PUMP from http://shop.ebay.com.au/acgauges/m.h..._from=&_ipg=25 pulled 19inHg without having the connections 100%


Will 19inHg be enough or will I neeed to set it up to get more?
I only use 15 in hg (1/2 bar) for blue foam. That is about the most I have heard of being used for vac bagging. Less is used for pink foam (available in the U.S.), I understand.

Jim.
Jim.Thompson is online now Find More Posts by Jim.Thompson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Yet another light plank!
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 03:56 AM
Arrarrar!
josh18's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Wagga Wagga
Joined Jan 2010
3,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop119 View Post
Its out East of Melbourne.It's a small inland slope facing South that is frequented by the white hat brigade flying usually rudder/elevator gliders made of balsa such as the Gentle Lady.The more senior of this "cult" who call this area there home slope fly more advanced models such as the "Bird of Time".Be careful if approaching them,remember you are in there territory and they will defend it with whatever regulations they have at hand in there rulebooks(they carry these "rules" with them at all times and have every section and paragraph memorised).As soon as you get out of your car they usually mob you and ask to see your membership and insurance.They may also try and sieze your transmitter to check for certification.Take care whilst they are inspecting your model as models in this area are often out of control and may spear into the car park,flying area and even the adjacent road at any time.They may also want to see proof of some proficiency level which in there language is called "solo" or "bronze wings"....as you are not one of there "species" and will not have these required papers they will want to test fly your model for you which inevitably will end in the destruction of your model and with them blaming your equipment rather than there lack of skill for the models demise.At this point they will try and entice you into there gang by offering a place in one of there training programs.This is not what it seams but is rather part of the "grooming" process where they try and brain wash you into believing there way is the only way and you should give up flying the evil and dreaded "carbon model" and join there "cult" to see the light as they put it.............just be carefull out there.
Geez, thanks for the heads up. That could have been close! Now that I think about it though, I do like the lines of a gentle lady and i love regulations! Isnt that why you fly slope? Remember, the only way to learn is with a qualified instructor at a certified and insured club ground. Crashing foam models, well.....its just not cricket!
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 04:37 AM
Blue Sky Mining
batballs's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Miners Rest
Joined Feb 2009
1,535 Posts
you mean i don't need my fai card and wings at hollowback?
batballs is offline Find More Posts by batballs
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 05:21 AM
Windburner Factory Pilot
swoop119's Avatar
Joined May 2008
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batballs View Post
you mean i don't need my fai card and wings at hollowback?
If you do have those credentials Nick i wouldn't advertise it....you could be seen as one of the "white hats" and suspected as being on the slope as a spy.This could anger the "slopetrash" and thus place your life in danger.The slopetrash have been known to form lynch mobs and attack suspected "infidels" on there slope territory....hence the evidence of a number of holes that have been dug at Hollowback.I have seen on a number of occasions a pile of balsa and solarfilm smashed and trodden into a thousand pieces and nearby a freshly filled in hole......best to leave your FAI card and "gold wings" at home.
swoop119 is offline Find More Posts by swoop119
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 05:35 AM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2004
1,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by batballs View Post
you mean i don't need my fai card and wings at hollowback?
I recent joined my old club again as it is close to home and I can fly more often. After flying for ten years I do not have broze wings and "solo", but as we have permission fly at hollowback are we not covered by insurance under the MAAA in the event of an accident.
AUSELECTRIC is offline Find More Posts by AUSELECTRIC
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 05:49 AM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
AvB's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,433 Posts
Video of 3 bungee launches at Bracken Ridge today using one of those amazing little 808 keychain cameras.

A friend was over here this arvo and reckoned she couldn't keep watching as it was making her feel sick!

Bungee launching the SC2 at Bracken Ridge (5 min 56 sec)
AvB is offline Find More Posts by AvB
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 07:03 AM
Now what?
narcas's Avatar
Bulli, Australia
Joined Nov 2006
4,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop119 View Post
They may also want to see proof of some proficiency level which in there language is called "solo" or "bronze wings"....as you are not one of there "species" and will not have these required papers they will want to test fly your model for you which inevitably will end in the destruction of your model and with them blaming your equipment rather than there lack of skill for the models demise.
Truly and sadly this is exactly what happened to my mate at Otford one day. We showed up and not being members, a knob named Malcom insisted he test flew my mates crunchie rivington hawk (on maiden). Off the launch it was obviously nose heavy. The foolish foolish knob turned 'downwind' for a landing approach much to our amazement (I believe elevator response stays much the same on gentle ladies). In it went with major damage.

"It must have been made from exploding balsawood" he claims!

He is a member here and prefers to fly indoor these days.................
narcas is online now Find More Posts by narcas
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 07:31 AM
Windburner Factory Pilot
swoop119's Avatar
Joined May 2008
2,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by narcas View Post
Truly and sadly this is exactly what happened to my mate at Otford one day. We showed up and not being members, a knob named Malcom insisted he test flew my mates crunchie rivington hawk (on maiden). Off the launch it was obviously nose heavy. The foolish foolish knob turned 'downwind' for a landing approach much to our amazement (I believe elevator response stays much the same on gentle ladies). In it went with major damage.

"It must have been made from exploding balsawood" he claims!

He is a member here and prefers to fly indoor these days.................



Its name and shame time!!
swoop119 is offline Find More Posts by swoop119
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 09:38 AM
Time to burn up some wind yo!
AussieJarred's Avatar
Palmwoods, QLD, Australia
Joined Jan 2009
1,271 Posts
nice one andrew!

sorry for rushing off thisarvo had too much to do at home, thought i wouldve seen you on the way to the car, oh well!

Jarred

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvB View Post
Video of 3 bungee launches at Bracken Ridge today using one of those amazing little 808 keychain cameras.

A friend was over here this arvo and reckoned she couldn't keep watching as it was making her feel sick!

http://vimeo.com/12313970
AussieJarred is offline Find More Posts by AussieJarred
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 10:40 AM
Blue Sky Mining
batballs's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Miners Rest
Joined Feb 2009
1,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop119 View Post
If you do have those credentials Nick i wouldn't advertise it....you could be seen as one of the "white hats" and suspected as being on the slope as a spy.This could anger the "slopetrash" and thus place your life in danger.The slopetrash have been known to form lynch mobs and attack suspected "infidels" on there slope territory....hence the evidence of a number of holes that have been dug at Hollowback.I have seen on a number of occasions a pile of balsa and solarfilm smashed and trodden into a thousand pieces and nearby a freshly filled in hole......best to leave your FAI card and "gold wings" at home.
My hat is black and my wings are bronze. My fai card allows me to fly at my club field and enter the Aviators Club on the Champs d' Elysee. No one can stop you flying at the slope unless they own the land or it is their club feild. Of course the feds can arrest you if you're contraveneing CASA regulations and you can be sued if you,re trespassing or you kill someone. But other than that you can do what you want.
Having learnt to fly in a slimy club (hence the card) you learn pretty quickly who you can trust to teach you or test fly your new pride and joy. They are a select few and usually not the officious ones that spout the regs.
As far holes at Hollowback go, I've dug a few myself...
batballs is offline Find More Posts by batballs
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 05, 2010, 05:11 PM
Bash Burn Bury
SLOPE HEAD's Avatar
Vic
Joined Dec 2007
1,351 Posts
Love the Vid Andrew. I'm amazed at the quality of picture for those little cameras.

Steve
SLOPE HEAD is offline Find More Posts by SLOPE HEAD
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Victorian Slopetrash - Veeedeeeo samotage Slope 16 Jan 09, 2008 04:41 PM