HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2010, 05:04 AM
Magic Blue Smoke costs to much
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Joined Dec 2004
2,710 Posts
That was many years ago, mid to late 90's.
jason H is offline Find More Posts by jason H
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2010, 06:16 AM
speedfreek
Newcastle, Australia
Joined Apr 2003
3,254 Posts
Great video Andrew!

Now thats hard core DS zone exploring.
alkoo is offline Find More Posts by alkoo
Old May 05, 2010, 06:26 AM
Mr Windburner
Australia, QLD, Mudgeeraba
Joined Apr 2009
741 Posts
DS Hunting

Loved your video Andrew.know how it feels to go through all that effort to get your new site and have the wind dropped off.
Your new Glider looks good too.
Kev
Kevin Bennett is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Bennett
Old May 05, 2010, 07:25 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Are you sure you aren't the third Leyland brother AvB?
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old May 05, 2010, 08:06 AM
knee ligaments are over rated
Melbourne , Outer East .
Joined Dec 2003
2,586 Posts
Great video AvB . Maybe I`ve watched to many episodes of Man V Wild cause I was really expecting you to eat a raw snake & cook up a Goanna for lunch .
dingo is offline Find More Posts by dingo
Old May 05, 2010, 08:18 AM
de-registered abuser
Lake Macquarie, Aust.
Joined Dec 2002
14,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
Maybe I`ve watched to many episodes of Man V Wild cause I was really expecting you to eat a raw snake & cook up a Goanna for lunch .
yeah but as long as you pick the most rancid part of the animal you just found, can't eat the good bits, you just gotta go straight for the eyeball or intestines and have them spurt out all over the place
gouch is offline Find More Posts by gouch
Old May 06, 2010, 08:09 AM
sleep hard
adelaide, south australia.
Joined Dec 2006
589 Posts
best day ever....

hi again slopetrash,

got another little vid for you if i'm not boring you already.

gizzo & i had an epic day yesterday. it had everything; comedy, tragedy, heckling, cliff climbing, even the odd man-child on a bike rolled past.

gizzo & swoopdown found this spot a little while ago, gizzo (simon) has flown it since, in lightish winds. yesterday was sometimes over 25knots, on the front of a rain band, and sometimes down to 12-15, when the sun came out again. booming lift out the front, but the back side got really bumpy in the stronger conditions; at times it felt unflyable. it's a pretty unforgiving spot, landing is either thru the rotor onto an asphalt carpark, or using the fence/bushes as an arrestor hook. luckily simon thought to bring a rope with him, because there were a few occasions where planes landed on the cliff face, or on the beach below. i think a rope will need to be standard equipment for flying here....

check the vid for a testament to the LEG prairie dog's toughness; it took/has taken/will take a pounding and just comes back for more. it rocks out on the front side, but doesn't seem to have the stability for easy circuits on the back. simon is a star just managing to get round a few times. i had a fly; 2 laps for 2 crashes, but simon manages to keep turning laps somehow. in fact he flew it for so long, the rx batteries went flat! we're waiting on some fat alberts to get to us, once simon gets his hands on something like that, he'll be cracking 150 in no time!! the gulp in the vid has had a few weird trim issues that i'm scratching my head over, but it did manage to get up & flying reasonably well a couple of times, and once in the ds circuit, proved very stable and punched through the ugly rotor pretty well. i imagine a fat albert will be sorta similar.

there's also this little bowl on the front side of the cliff face, simon was ripping it a new one. neither of us know what fronstide ds'ing is supposed to look like, but there was a definite "push" coming through this little bowl and if you kept doing loops through that area, it did seem to increase in speed. the last part of the vid has a bit of simon doing that, anyone in the know care to enlighten us?

the name of the game (3 min 36 sec)

the day ended up with an almighty mid-air between the gulp & simon's homebrew atom (the second midair for the day) where the wing & tail separated from the atom & took ages to flutter into the carpark, while the ballasted fuse flew 100 feet to the bottom, and was found on some rocks with nary a scratch to show for it. the gulp just tore some hinge tape on one elevon... both of us have some fixing to do before the next "best day ever"

cheers, dave
vx99 is offline Find More Posts by vx99
Old May 06, 2010, 08:50 AM
knee ligaments are over rated
Melbourne , Outer East .
Joined Dec 2003
2,586 Posts
You guys have been having a great time lately . Don`t yez work on weekdays ?
dingo is offline Find More Posts by dingo
Old May 06, 2010, 09:12 AM
Windburner Factory Pilot
Joined May 2008
2,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo View Post
You guys have been having a great time lately . Don`t yez work on weekdays ?
Geez Dingo...Don't you know?all the folk do in Adelade is grow a certain "weed" type plant for export to other countrys like Victoria and Queensland.Other than watering there is little else to be done.This leaves them with plenty of time to fly model aeroplanes.
swoop119 is offline Find More Posts by swoop119
Last edited by swoop119; May 06, 2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old May 06, 2010, 07:52 PM
sleep hard
adelaide, south australia.
Joined Dec 2006
589 Posts
ah yes, but if we were actually cultivating said "money trees", we wouldn't be flying foamies, we'd have D80's like certain members of the vic trash

we both work shift work, so while you lot are tucked up in bed at night, we're out grafting hard, so that one day, just maybe, we can have a slope toy that actually has some carbon in it
vx99 is offline Find More Posts by vx99
Old May 06, 2010, 09:20 PM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
3,111 Posts
Sadly, those days are behind us in Adelaide, with rule changes in the last few years. I believe it's actually less of a legal liability to ply that particular trade in Melbourne now...
Adelaideans are going the synthetic route nowadays, might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. OT, Wedneday was the best.
gizzo is offline Find More Posts by gizzo
Old May 06, 2010, 09:27 PM
Windburner Factory Pilot
Joined May 2008
2,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzo View Post
Sadly, those days are behind us in Adelaide, with rule changes in the last few years. I believe it's actually less of a legal liability to ply that particular trade in Melbourne now...
Adelaideans are going the synthetic route nowadays, might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. OT, Wedneday was the best.
Ah....synthetics......mmmm....only one sleep til' xmas!!!
swoop119 is offline Find More Posts by swoop119
Old May 07, 2010, 12:06 AM
Blue Sky Mining
Australia, VIC, Ballarat
Joined Feb 2009
1,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swoop119 View Post
Ah....synthetics......mmmm....only one sleep til' xmas!!!
So... "synthetics". The real secret of "speed"
batballs is offline Find More Posts by batballs
Old May 07, 2010, 03:27 AM
gizzo don't tweet
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
3,111 Posts
A quick pic of my tyred out dog, after it's big day. Needs a bit of rhinoplasty to make it nice again.
gizzo is offline Find More Posts by gizzo
Old May 07, 2010, 04:36 AM
DS= -$ & :-)
Byron Bay, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
3,100 Posts
Cool vid and nice flying. That looks like a fun site!! You could see how much happier the JW was than the PD, cutting through the chop. You need to get one Gizzo.

Eric
Ezza is offline Find More Posts by Ezza