HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2008, 05:28 PM
Joined Dec 2007
17 Posts
Discussion
E-Flite Blade CX 2 Coaxial Heli or Falcon 3D CP

E-Flite Blade CX 2 RTF Elec Coaxial Heli or Falcon 3D CP
I presently have the ESky "Lama v3" which I am learning on. However, I would like to upgrade in the near future. Reading the different threads I am confused on which is a better investment. I was also looking at the Honey Bee King-II. Your input is appreciated.
pcasamento is offline Find More Posts by pcasamento
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:50 PM
Southeast PA
Joined Oct 2005
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcasamento
E-Flite Blade CX 2 RTF Elec Coaxial Heli or Falcon 3D CP
I presently have the ESky "Lama v3" which I am learning on. However, I would like to upgrade in the near future. Reading the different threads I am confused on which is a better investment. I was also looking at the Honey Bee King-II. Your input is appreciated.
Two completely different machines! Get the HoneyBee FP
Vario3 is offline Find More Posts by Vario3
Old Jan 29, 2008, 09:24 PM
Genius or Madness?
The Evergreen State
Joined Jul 2007
873 Posts
Hey dude, if you've already mastered a coaxial heli like the Esky Lama v3, don't waste your time and money on another coaxial. I started out with a Blade CX2 myself, great heli but I wouldn't buy something else similar to it.

I'm not familiar with the Falcon 3D, but from what I can see, it's a CP chopper, not to mention is also a single-rotor. Single-rotor choppers are much more difficult to fly. There isn't a single coaxial out there that can compare to any single-rotor chopper. If I was to start over again, I would learn with the Honeybee FP first. It's quite cheap, around $90. It's very durable, which means it'll survive a lot of crashes. Barely anything ever breaks, and if something does break, parts are extra cheap. You'll learn a lot more with the HBFP than most anything else. When you think you're ready, you can get a CP machine like the Honeybee King II or Belt-CP. If you think you got enough money, get the Blade 400 as your first CP heli.

I went straight from the Blade CX2 to the Honeybee King II. As considered by other users on this site, that's quite a big move for me. But I knew what I was getting into, and it all worked out. But trust me, you would much rather have crashed your Honeybee FP a bajillion times rather than something more fragile like the Honeybee King II or Belt-CP.

Once you get your first single-rotor heli, please please use the training gear. It'll save you more times than you'd expect. Until you can get a perfect hover with it, you might want to try and see how it flies without it. Good luck with your decision.

EDIT: The reason why I went straight from the CX2 to the King II is because I was kinda short on money at the time. I wanted a chopper that I wasn't going to grow out of. Eventually, I'll get into 3D flying. Right now, I'm lovin it, great chopper. Even though I have the King II, I'm thinking about buying the HBFP anyway just to have something to tottle around with
Necron Xen is offline Find More Posts by Necron Xen