HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:39 PM
Die noctique
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Discussion
Wales o7 uk meetup details needed

Ok I'm about to edit the videos I shot last year from the ground finally (I've a 3 day window to do it) And need some info.

1) I need the forum names of every one who went to give a credit at the end.

2) The chap from Cheshire who took the stills I would like permission to add one of the group shots you took to the end of the video you will be credited of course.

This will not be for a commercial release just once it's done I'll post a link to the video online, if any one knows of a good place to post video for free let me know as well as I consider YouTube too poor quality.

cheers
Andy
Badllarma is offline Find More Posts by Badllarma
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2008, 03:23 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
United Kingdom, England, Farnham
Joined Oct 2005
1,331 Posts
Fantastic news!!

Vimeo maybe? Up to 500mb free.

Looking forward to it!

Paul.
English Electric is offline Find More Posts by English Electric
Old Jan 28, 2008, 05:22 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
Haslemere, Surrey.
Joined Nov 2003
1,325 Posts
Brilliant Andy,

Thanks for getting this sorted out...

I went!!!

Will some of the footage of my Magpie maiden be in there?...

I know you had mentioned that you had some... Would be great to see this if you still have it, thanks for your efforts!

We also need to start planning for the 2008 Wales trip, you up for coming along to that as well?

Cheers,

Terry.
chargenut is offline Find More Posts by chargenut
Old Jan 28, 2008, 05:49 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,227 Posts
Well I was there

I didn't take any AP photos (or video ), but took a handful of ground photos if you would like those? Let me know where to send them

Thanks so much for doing this, I'm already looking forward to seeing your compiled footage Another vote for Vimeo btw, it's a great free hosting site, and it can even host HD content!

David

PS. I'm up for another UKAP meeting in Wales this year
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Old Jan 28, 2008, 07:37 AM
I fly with my little eye
Lancashire, England
Joined Jul 2005
1,836 Posts
Count me in please Andy!

Looking forward to seeing the results...

Cheers

Andrew
Swanlander is offline Find More Posts by Swanlander
Old Jan 28, 2008, 08:17 AM
Die noctique
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Yup I'll include everything shot I can(Magpie included ), been spending a week or two finding some cool music for it think i've found some good stuff.

Not really taking any contributions David just wanted to use a copy of the group photo (it's on my hardrive after copying it from here ) but wanted an offical ok before I use that one image, thought it be a nice shot to end on.

Vimeo does seem to look the best so far guys so that looks the way i'll go cheers for the pointer. I'll post here a link once it's done.

I'm trying to actually get out and test AP kit at present wind and rain dependant of course so if the weathers bad I'll work on the video (and every night of course) if the weathers good I've the heli to sort out and the pole kit to test but once all the tapes are in the work station I don't think it will take long to get done.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:24 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,227 Posts
Thanks again for doing this Andy I'm looking forward to seeing the final mixed video!

David
Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:58 PM
West London
Joined May 2006
147 Posts
Hey its the crash addict here, brilliant new Andy, I dont think I had many decent Photos but the video will bring back some great memorys.

Ian
londoner100 is offline Find More Posts by londoner100
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, Manchester
Joined Apr 2005
900 Posts
I am proud to say that 'I was there' (as Max Boyce used to say!)

Look forward to seeing the video Andy

Richard
Bearded Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Bearded Flyer
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:58 PM
Smile & wave
Lancing West Sussex
Joined Jun 2005
3,441 Posts
Brilliant news Andy, I was only thinking about the footage you took the other day! It would be so good to see and re-live the weekend.

Cheers

Gray.
Gray is offline Find More Posts by Gray
Old Jan 30, 2008, 04:21 AM
Die noctique
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Well just a quick update all the tapes are now in And I've seen most of the footage.

I forgot how much useable footage there was I think with the B roll (B roll being subject other than the main flying E.G shots I took around the areas on my way to the camp site) there is nearly 3 Hours on footage !

So I'll have to really pull out the knife to get this to a good size maybe about 40 mins, if after compression etc I cannot get it down to under 500 meg for the video web site I'll send it out free of charge to everyone that wants one on DVD. Just a DVD no fancy covers it will look better like this anyway

Well the sun is shining first time this year so I'm out testing the pole start the edit tonight, this will be done regardless of time I thought I had less footage to be honest but I'm in for 4 work for 4 nights from Friday then I've 12 days off so I'll have plenty of time to finish it off after next Monday if I cannot get in finished in the time I alloted it this week, I thought I'd about 20 mins of uable stuff off an hours worth of tapes

I'll keep you all informed. I hopefully will post a couple of stills here from the edit as I go
Old Jan 30, 2008, 06:40 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,227 Posts
Great news Andy Thanks for keeping us updated!

David
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:41 AM
Part-Time Super Hero
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
Is it not possible to upload in sections, must be easier than developing DVD's and shipping them out

Mark
MarkJayne is offline Find More Posts by MarkJayne
Old Jan 30, 2008, 09:22 AM
S.C.R.A.P.S Member
United Kingdom, England, Farnham
Joined Oct 2005
1,331 Posts
Oi!

We want DVD's!

If we had DVD's we'd still have the option of uploading it in a couple of sections for everyone else to see.

Looking forward to this!!

Paul.
English Electric is offline Find More Posts by English Electric
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:03 AM
Die noctique
Joined May 2007
951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJayne
Is it not possible to upload in sections, must be easier than developing DVD's and shipping them out

Mark
To be honest Mark I'm editing it all in standard format anyway PAL 4.3 creating a DVD is dead easy from that point once the edits done it's two photoshop menus then an hour or so in Encore adding chapter points create the master then let the duplicator do it's thing From the final edit to 20 DVD's is about 3 hours tops.

It's the actual edit that I start tonight that will take the time due to the ammount of footage I've shot If I go the DVD route due to file size I'll still post up some of it regardless.