Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:41 PM
United States, IL, Carbondale
Joined Jun 2005
443 Posts
Discussion
Next heli after Blade CP?

Hi All,

I've searched but figured it doesn't hurt to ask

I've got an original Blade CP that I just started flying again. I can hover it but am still working on improving my skills.

It's an annoying bird though When I set it up, it flies ok but even a minor spill will knock the head out of alignment again and it will be very twitchy until I set it up again. Maybe the head is just sloppy but it doesn't have that many flights on it (30?).

Also I can fly the tail but it's a lot of work, especially as the battery dies down. I'm still flying NiMH so maybe with LiPos this will get better but then I start running into the problem of burning out tail motors, etc ...

Sooooo I'm thinking of just getting a tail driven heli. I'm leaning towards the King v2 but my question is will it still be an ok heli to fly indoors? Flying the blade indoors has forced me to be a lot more focused with my hovering and I think has helped me improve vs. outdoors only (where I'd be lazy with keeping my hovers tight ).

So what should I get for a step up heli after my blade?
Is there a good next step heli that can still be flown indoors (house, not gym)?

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Berardino

P.S. please don't say Trex, I don't have the budget for that
baratta930 is offline Find More Posts by baratta930
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:53 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Esky Belt-CP (after getting REAL good with the CP)

IMO
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Jan 26, 2008, 08:01 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
either a belt cp or a king2.....I think you'd have an easier time on either of those instead of that POS blade cp. Nether of these helis are for indoor use.

If you're really new, still learning to hover, get the hbfp and really start your learning.
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer