|Jun 07, 2001, 10:15 AM|
Twin Jet and Permax turbo 450 setup
Having trawled the Foamie forum, I cannot find anyone who is using two 450's on this model. Can anyone correct me? I just want to confirm some things like:
1. Motor leads. I intend to chuck the supplied ones and use 20A cable. Comments?
2. Props. I intend to use cheap cheap MAS 6x4's. Comments?
3. Batteries. I intend to use 9-cell 1700/2000 NiCd and 9-cell 3000NiMh cells. Comments?
4. Speed Controller. I would like thrust vectoring, so 2 35A controllers? Comments?
5. If not the above, then 50A controller? Comments?
6. I intend to relocate the controllers/receiver to the rear of the model. Comments?
Any previous experience with this setup would be helpful.
|Jun 07, 2001, 12:15 PM|
Geoff, I have no experience with 450s in a TwinJet, but Ive fitted 2 in a TwinStar with 7x6 TopFlite wood props. Pulled approx. 50A off a freshly charged 8x2400 pack. Good rate of climb. Dropped the props to APC 6.5x3 (ish) climb rate wasn't noticeably reduced but duration was better. Hope this helps.
|Jun 07, 2001, 12:52 PM|
I love the 450 in my Zagi.
I have refrained from putting these in my TJ due to the weight factor. I read a post some weeks ago about a guy who did put 450s in a TJ and later removed them due to weight and the increased stall speed that comes with that.
|Jun 08, 2001, 01:25 AM|
Joined Aug 1999
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Run times on a Permax Turbo 450||electromonkey||Power Systems||4||Mar 19, 2003 10:56 AM|
|Permax Turbo 450 - New||SchiessCo||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||2||Feb 10, 2003 04:46 PM|
|Cutie with a Permax turbo 450||cclap||Foamies (Kits)||3||Apr 15, 2002 06:01 PM|
|WTB Permax Turbo 450||sxty8goats||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||3||Sep 06, 2001 12:03 PM|
|Caps on Permax Turbo 450?||Greg Covey||Power Systems||2||May 02, 2001 01:52 AM|