SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:36 PM
Joined Jan 2008
2 Posts
Discussion
Newbie trials and tribulations

So far I've only flown about 10 packs through my new Blade CP Pro. I can hover in all orientations (including inverted) in RealFlight G4 sim, but when it comes to flying the real deal, it's COMPLETELY different. This heli is really "twitchy" when compared to the Axe CP in the sim. I can hover tail in (somewhat sloppily) without too much trouble but side in/nose in, I find I end up all over the place.

I've added flybar weights, and adjusted the servo linkages closer to the hub a little.

My question is this: Is there any way to get a more accurate simulation out of G4 for this heli? This thing is fun just to hover (certainly keeps you on the edge of your seat), but I can see it getting expensive quick. It'd be nice if I could get the sim a little more accurate to how the thing actually flies. I've tried messing around with the settings of the Axe CP a little, but I can't seem to get it right.

Also, due to my last attempt at nose in flight, I need to replace my tail boom, and main shaft/gear. I can't for the life of me get the tail mounts separated from the boom, or the boom separated from the main frame. The CA just isn't dissolving. My local hobby shop was out of CA debonder, and I read somewhere that nail polish remover with acetone will work just as well. It's been soaking for a while but it just won't let go. Should I just wait for the debonder to come in at the hobby shop? Will it work any better? I've also read that the tail is a pain to get off the heli, anybody know of any tricks?

Thanks all!
JS
miraze is offline Find More Posts by miraze
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:09 AM
Mapleton, Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
1,887 Posts
Debonder will cut it eventually..many applications..many hours later and keep wiggling the joint to get it to soak in..acetone will melt the insulation on your tail motor wires..remove them first. Acetone evaporates too fast to really do the job..debonder doesn't evaporate as quickly, but it will still disolve the insulation on tail motor wires..don't ask me how I know!

Edit: A heat gun will also break it loose but it is kinda tricky to do and not deform the plastic. Heat mainly the CF boom and go slow.
Letcraft is offline Find More Posts by Letcraft
Last edited by Letcraft; Jan 26, 2008 at 12:17 AM.