SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2008, 05:45 PM
3DHS Junkie
Rhode Island
Joined Jun 2005
5,683 Posts
New Product
3dhobbyshop 47" Extra 300 SR

Ben Fisher's 3dhobbyshop.com introduces the the 47" Extra 300 SR!

The new 3DHobbyShop 47" Extra SR is a precision/3D hybrid aircraft designed for 3S or 4S lipoly operation.

Following on the success of the 47" 3DHobbyShop Extra 300 SHP, the 47" Extra SR is ready for higher flight speeds and greater precision. Developer Scott Stoops has taken the proven wing of the SHP, and given the SR a new fuselage with airfoiled tail surfaces. The SR can use higher power levels than the SHP, up to 600 watts. This makes the SR a perfect candidate for 4S lipoly packs 2200-2500mah.

Recommended for brushless outrunner motors 120-160 grams in weight, the SR is perfectly paired with motors like the Reaper GR-35 and Torque 2814-820.

The SR uses QTY 4 Hitec HS-65 servos. We recommend using the MG metal gear servo on the rudder and elevator, either MG or HB (Karbonite) gears for the aileron servos with 3S lipo - use all 4 metal gear on 4S.

The SR is equipped with 2 different rudder servo mounting positions. The tail-mounted rudder servo option is used for 4S lipoly-equipped systems with motors 140 grams or heavier. The forward-mounted pull-pull rudder servo position is intended for use with 3S lipoly batteries and motors 110-130 grams. Systems in-between these two sizes can use either position, the user should check CG before committing to one.

The SR is equipped with removable wingtip SFGs.

Carbon wing tube, carbon landing gear, lightweight balsa-ply construction, wheel axles, phenolic hardware - all are included in this very quick and easy-to-assemble ARF.

Developer Scott Stoops describes the SR:

"As our design evolution has progressed with each new 3DHobbyShop aircraft, we saw an opportunity to refine the 47" Extra SHP for those modelers that wanted Velox type pitch performance on a 4S battery pack. Rather than replace the wildly popular SHP, we simply added the Velox innovations to a new airframe Ė and the Extra SR was born. It incorporates all of the stable performance youíve come to expect from the SHP with the wild tumbling of the Velox. An added benefit of the airfoiled tail is superior tracking for precision aerobatics. The SR is the perfect choice for the modeler that prefers to blend both precision IMAC style aerobatics with 3D style flying. For a small scale aerobatic model, the SR provides as close to pure hybrid precision/3D performance as Iíve ever seen. While squarely targeting intermediate and advanced pilots, the SR also makes an outstanding sport airplane on low control rates. As your experience grows, crank the rates up and the model instantly responds."

Pictures Below

Build Videos: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2476

In flight Videos
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...99#post9427724
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...eo#post9449319
800mZero is offline Find More Posts by 800mZero
Last edited by 800mZero; Oct 08, 2008 at 02:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2008, 05:49 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,798 Posts
I missed it, but that sounds like some nicely spiked Kool-Aid!

Pics...video........

OH YEAH!!
echoplanar is offline Find More Posts by echoplanar
Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:27 PM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,412 Posts
We need spy pics.
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:01 PM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,227 Posts
As well as the airfoiled stab and SFGs work on the Velox, I don't think many of us are surprised they showed up on the new generation Extra. I would imagine the Extra 300 SLR will now become the premier 3D plane in the 47" market. As many Extras as 3D hobby Shop has sold, I think we had all better get on the waiting list if we want to get one on the first shipment or so.

Sight unseen, I'll buy one and I want to be first on the list, so just put me down right now, Ben. As much fun as I had with my Extra SHP the last few days, this is an absolute no-brainer purchase of the first magnitude.

OH YEAH!

Oh, I hope the SRL will come in the outrageous yellow that looks so good on the SHP. I just love mine.
Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:28 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,561 Posts
Great...and I just got done with the Velox!!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCX racer
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:37 PM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,412 Posts
Yes please in YELLOW & BLACK
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:53 PM
Lafayette, CA
Joined Aug 2002
2,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93
Great...and I just got done with the Velox!!
Yep, this is how it works-welcome to being a 3DHS fan!

-Jon
echoplanar is offline Find More Posts by echoplanar
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:32 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,561 Posts
Great...more to buy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:40 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,759 Posts
Wonderful, I'm days away from buying the 55" and now I have to worry about this one too. Ah life is fun. Well, at least I have a spare 2814 that does'nt currently have a home.
Steve
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:09 PM
Grandville, MI
Joined Dec 2003
2,240 Posts
I was just about ready to pull the trigger for the SHP but had a hunch there might be something interesting about to happen. Does anyone have any details such as 3s or 4s or both. We really need lots of pics and videos. Somebody who was there please through us a bone.

dawg
r/cdawg is offline Find More Posts by r/cdawg
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:10 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,561 Posts
Yes Please!! Need some info!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:44 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
No pics or videos yet . Havent flown in 3 weeks with single digit and below zero temps lately and now another 3dhs plane to torture me until spring .
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:01 PM
United States, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Jan 2004
2,104 Posts
OK, I'll be first to ask. What's SR? And how will this be different from the SHP?
mattk0 is offline Find More Posts by mattk0
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:11 PM
Team 3DHS, Hacker, Gens Ace
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Nov 2007
2,098 Posts
Sorry I'm not there but.....

I figure the $$$ I would have used to go to the event will buy several new 3DHS planes. The way I fly, put me down for 2-3 of the Extra 300 SR because I'm going to need spares!
ipsmotors is offline Find More Posts by ipsmotors
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:38 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,227 Posts
I ran three packs through my Extra SHP today and it finally clicked. I'm now starting to understand 3D. My hovers look decent, my harriers are stable and I'm generally flying smoother and more in control all the way around. Now that I've got a basic grasp, the Extra is really coming alive for me and each flight is more and more satisfying for me.

I so love my old Extra. She has taught me so much, and I am extremely comfortable doing even the most outrageous things with her. In a way it's hard to believe the Extra could be improved, but the airfoil stab and SFGs worked so much magic on the Velox that it was inevitable they would appear on an Extra SHP.

Looks like 3D hobby Shop has improved the perfect airplane.

Doc Austin is offline Find More Posts by Doc Austin