HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
United States, DE, Bear
Joined Apr 2007
1,554 Posts
Help!
Dead LED on Optic 6s

I purchased an Optic in April of 2007. A couple months later the blue LED failed. I wanted to get it fixed, but I didn't want to have to ship out my only transmitter.

My son and I dearly love the Optic 6. So much so, that I purchased an Optic 6 for my son for Christmas. Unfortunately, the blue led on it failed while he was programming it. The transmitter didn't even make it to the flying field once, before it failed.

What's with these LEDs? LEDs usually have a 10,000 hour MTBF. A search of this forum shows that this is not an isolated incident. The MTBF for the LEDs on the Optic 6 seems to be about 6 months.

Now it comes down to getting the things repaired. They should certainly be covered warranty as the LEDs or the circuit powering them are known factory defects. What do I have to do to get the transmitters repaired, how long will it take, and is Hitec going to pick up the cost of shipping the two transmitters?
maguro is online now Find More Posts by maguro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2008, 01:20 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,190 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problem. We've never really had much problems with the LED's. You will need to send it them in to have them repaired under warranty. Our turn around time right now is about 5-7 working days (sometimes quicker) plus shipping time. Hitec will cover the cost of the shipping back to you, but you will need to get them to us.

Here's the info: http://www.hitecrcd.com/Support/service%20form.pdf

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry