SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2009, 02:53 PM
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acambo123
i need one but i dont no what they llook like
They look like a servo plug with two wires coming out, going to a servo socket on each.

http://rcb.shopnz.biz/catalog/produc...roducts_id=109

(that's a New Zealand store, so shipping might be a bit expensive... try somewhere like Tower)
Andrew McGregor is offline Find More Posts by Andrew McGregor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2009, 03:58 PM
Joined Dec 2008
59 Posts
is there any way i can get 2 motors running off 1 esc

just wondering if you could need help ima beginner

could anyone reccomend a transmitter / receiver for the model
acambo123 is offline Find More Posts by acambo123
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:24 PM
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
You know, I really doubt this is the plane to be learning to fly with... by all means build it, but if you're asking this level of question, I think you'll crash it almost instantly you try to fly it.

You can run two BRUSHED motors off one ESC, but not brushless. Since this is an EDF and needs quite a lot of power, you need brushless motors and therefore two ESCs.

As for TX and RX, you should probably go read one of the huge number of threads asking that exact question, and do some reading. My call: DX7 with AR6200, but you need to do some reading to understand why.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 12:40 PM
Joined Dec 2008
59 Posts
i can fly ok i have a supercub the bigger version

and a littler plane not supercub
acambo123 is offline Find More Posts by acambo123
Old Jan 21, 2009, 01:42 PM
Avoid The Ground!
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Sep 2008
1,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McGregor
You know, I really doubt this is the plane to be learning to fly with... by all means build it, but if you're asking this level of question, I think you'll crash it almost instantly you try to fly it.

You can run two BRUSHED motors off one ESC, but not brushless. Since this is an EDF and needs quite a lot of power, you need brushless motors and therefore two ESCs.

As for TX and RX, you should probably go read one of the huge number of threads asking that exact question, and do some reading. My call: DX7 with AR6200, but you need to do some reading to understand why.

DX6 has same technology
Flexserve is offline Find More Posts by Flexserve
Old Jan 21, 2009, 01:54 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexserve
DX6 has same technology
Technically, the DX6i does, but a regular DX6 doesn't. Its not true DSM2.

If someone is interested in someday building an Airliner, I'd skip the DX6i and go with a DX7 because it has the ability to program differential thrust, while the DX6i does not have enough mixes to pull it off.

With differential thrust, you don't need a working rudder or steerable nose wheel to taxi or yaw the plane.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Jan 21, 2009, 03:41 PM
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
So, you've nailed the reason for the DX7.

Now, the reason for the AR6200? It's a two-box receiver, that lets you get antennas each side of the batteries, and that means you won't get shadowed out by them.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 07:37 AM
http://www.greenairdesigns.com
Norwich, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2004
886 Posts
Hey Guys,

NICE 747, yours looks so good in the air! Just clocked this thread, been playing with the idea of doing a 747 for a while, they just look so gracefull in flight..

Heres my attempt.

obviosly shes naked, but you get the idea..

there should be more on the market i think, maybe a VC-10, comet, 707, c-17?

regards,

mike.

www.greenairdesigns.com
www.greenairdesigns.eu.com
mjblack is offline Find More Posts by mjblack
Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:48 AM
Globemaster Maiden Time
Melbourne
Joined Jun 2007
1,058 Posts
Looks great. Have you flown it yet? Is that depron or balsa covering?
KoziFlyer is offline Find More Posts by KoziFlyer
Old Feb 05, 2009, 09:33 AM
Osprey Wanna Be Hobbiest
Mt Larcom, Queensland, Australia
Joined Feb 2006
143 Posts
G'day guys,
many congrates from Australia,
you have some very sexy planes there,
i love them.
Kozi, it looks like you had a bit of a hit on that take off, but my god the landing was great. flight in general was great.
i only just found these plans and i have the tiled view printed and the wing section of the tiled view is on the floor all joined. now all i need is to get some money, buy some balsa and ask my brother nicely to test his new cnc machine he has put together and cut me some pieces:P i think i will slowly build this beast but instead of foam i will use balsa and just cover is. and i will use 4 edfs if i get that far. hopefully being my first true plane i build i get that far and even further
Cheers,
Jamie
Osprey WannaB is offline Find More Posts by Osprey WannaB
Old Feb 05, 2009, 03:26 PM
http://www.greenairdesigns.com
Norwich, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2004
886 Posts
Hi Kozi,

Sorry for the delay......

erm..yes.....shes flown a few times..very easy, and can be very slow..

Just updated to brushless motors in the fans....my god what a difference.

The Kit is all Laser cut depron/wood (tail & U/C)

CNC cut fuse and wings......

So shes all foam.....

AUW 12oz with cells.....adn 23oz of thrust!!! EEK!

so 1/3 throttle flights are more than doable....

hope this helps...

regards.

Mike.

www.greenairdesigns.com
mjblack is offline Find More Posts by mjblack
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:05 PM
Cottesloe, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2008
41 Posts
4 engine layout

hi guys
i haven't made much progress but i really cant be bothered with a push prop

can anyone please recommend a 4 engine layout with a budget of around AU$200 (including/not including battery(s)) i currently have 1x 3s 1800mah
i really don't get how to do esc's.

please please help
ambinobambino is offline Find More Posts by ambinobambino
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:15 PM
Joined Jun 2006
6,794 Posts
What size fans?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:20 PM
Cottesloe, Western Australia
Joined Jul 2008
41 Posts
55mm

gws 55mm as stated in the plans

i dont need differential though because i have 6 channels
ambinobambino is offline Find More Posts by ambinobambino
Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:56 AM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambinobambino
hi guys
i haven't made much progress but i really cant be bothered with a push prop

can anyone please recommend a 4 engine layout with a budget of around AU$200 (including/not including battery(s)) i currently have 1x 3s 1800mah
i really don't get how to do esc's.

please please help

If you have a computer radio, use 4 GWS 55 with the Brushed 300H motor. They are $12.50 USD each at HK, so there's $50 (also get a Servo Y-harness for dual ESCs at HK).

Buy 2 cheap GWS-480Li Brushed ESC's off Ebay for another $40 USD so that's about a $150 Australian total with shipping.

Wire 2 fans per ESC in Parallel (Connect the positives and negatives of the fans and run them to the positives/negatives of the ESC) If you wire one motor on each wing to an ESC, if one ESC LVC's before the other, the plane won't spin out of control and difference in the ESC's won't result in Yaw. The trade off is you have more wire, this way.

To use your 3S battery with the 300H fans (that were designed for NiMhs), Hook a voltmeter to the ESC and Limit the travel of throttle in the transmitter computer until the voltage is the maximum recommended on the EDF55 instructions (10 volts is probably fine and should give about 160g of thrust, each). If you don't have a computer radio, you can see how many volts full down throttle trim get you.

This setup should have more than enough power to fly like an airliner (over .6KG of thrust) and have OK flight times with a 1800 mAh battery since you'll likely throttle way back for cruise.

I would recommend a good computer radio with a jet like this for a few other reasons. Because of the location of the thrust line of the engines, high throttle makes the plane pitch up and low throttle makes the plane pitch down, so if you have it trimmed for level flight at high throttle, on landing it will want to assume a nose down attitude and you have to "fly" it in for a landing. With a computer radio, you can mix in a little up elevator with down throttle, so this tendency is automatically corrected.

Also, with One ESC driving the motors on each wing and a good computer radio you utilize differential thrust for yaw control.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN