HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2002, 06:16 PM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,701 Posts
A good Axis project.

Im researching for future projects, and instead of an allied plane, i'd like and Axis one,
probebly German. Either multi or single around speed 400, K&A do a nice looking He P.1076
and FW190, it would be really nice to find a kit of a Me109'Gustav', or a Me 410 and others.
I need something to fight for airspace with the now growing amount of British/American airframe
i have. But also to pay tribute to the exellent minds behind the designs of the Luftwaffe.

So any suggestions. whats out there that i've not found yet

Happy new year to you all.
stuart warne is offline Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: JR P-38 take 2.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2002, 06:50 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"
Rex, NC "Extreme Boonies"
Joined Jan 2002
2,355 Posts
If You'd Like "Unusual"...

A.A.Lidberg Model Plans Service Has a Blohm & Voss BV-141. It has a 28" span So it would have to be enlarged to around 38" for a 400 (I'd use a GWS geared 400 with the 3-blade for a scale look) I have these plans and can testfy of their nice workmanship!
Just a bit of reenforcement to the structure for the extra weight would be all that it needed... Bob
Demon-Leather is offline Find More Posts by Demon-Leather
Old Dec 26, 2002, 06:57 PM
"Experienced-Crasher"
Rex, NC "Extreme Boonies"
Joined Jan 2002
2,355 Posts
Another great one...

is his TA-152 at 40" span, it's just about ready to go! All it needs is a bit of enforcement for the load. Has a thin airfoil,but there is room for GWS retracts A.A, takes Paypal, and also offers a clear ready made canopy (he sends 2) ad has plastic Easter eggs that are the perfect scale spinner for this model. Here is a link
http://www.aalmps.com/
The prices are very reasonable,I think at $7.95 ea.U.S. (I'd guess around 5 to 6 lbs.Sterling for You, and he even ships overseas at reasonable rates as well...
If neither of these trip your trigger, I have a few of My "personal stock" I can throw at You... Bob
Demon-Leather is offline Find More Posts by Demon-Leather
Last edited by Demon-Leather; Dec 26, 2002 at 08:18 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2002, 09:08 PM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
House of Balsa and K&A have FW-190 kits (the K&A kit has a very nice glass fuse and now has foam wings). Tom Hunt has HE-111 plans that I was able to drool over, if you like building from plans. Kinda depends on what you want. I built the K&A Dinah KI-46, and the K&A Heinkle, which are both very nice fliers. Good luck, let us know what you decide to go with.

Greg
Slope Nut is offline Find More Posts by Slope Nut
Old Dec 27, 2002, 08:19 AM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
What about a Dornier Do335? Go to e-zone members find tedd biggs.He offers a sweet short kit which includes,cad plans,canopy,all major fusealoge parts and foam core wings.Also you get a CD rom with building pics and a 10 pages of construction notes with a material list of wood to finish the plane.Twin sp400 motors.38"w.s. good hunting,stefanP
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Dec 27, 2002, 08:57 AM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,391 Posts
Re: A good Axis project.

Quote:
Originally posted by stuart warne
So any suggestions. whats out there that i've not found yet
I have an AR-240 plan for geared speed 480's if you'd like:
http://www.modelairtech.com/early.html

If you're set on speed 400's. I could photo reduce it a bit on the "puta".

Tom Hunt
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Dec 28, 2002, 09:18 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,701 Posts
Wow, some really interesting suggestion there, Im certainly interested in the idea of that 'short kit'
of the DO335, i'll look up that menber u mentioned stefanP.

Slope nut, have you got any picture's and/or hints and tips regarding the He. P1076, as this is
certainly a bird that i would give much consideration.

And Tom, its seems that you have lots of interesting plan's of Axis types, and i certainly would like to
try building a scale model from your plan's, the He 111 sound perfect. Is it complicated, I've built an ic
sports model from a plan before and that went well, but this would be my first crack at an electric scale model!

Of course there is always the Henchel (spelling?) from HVP, but as nice as it is, i've already got expensive glass twin models, and for now the wallet won't stretch.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 28, 2002, 09:32 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,701 Posts
Tom, I've just looked at your web site, and have seen the He111. Could you tell me a little more about the construction,
I noted that your plans are CAD drawn, yes. How complex is the construction for this bird, could the wing be
made from foam? Also any picture's you have of parts of the plan or better yet the model under construction would be a great visual aid.

Thanks Stuart.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2002, 12:22 AM
Adelaide,Australia
Joined Apr 2001
235 Posts
Saw a nice little Stuka here a while ago

It's a Gillow's kit so probably too small for s400

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...der=descending
procrastination inc is offline Find More Posts by procrastination inc
Last edited by procrastination inc; Dec 29, 2002 at 12:30 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 05:42 AM
D.G.B.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Joined Jun 2000
2,951 Posts
stuart here'sa pic about 50% done.stefanP
KOMET 44 is offline Find More Posts by KOMET 44
Old Dec 29, 2002, 06:31 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,701 Posts
Thanks KOMET44, you will keep us posted on your progress won't you. BWT, I stiil couldn't find
ezone member Ted Biggs on searching, though i have emailed him.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2002, 09:11 AM
Super Senior Member
Albuquerque, NM
Joined Feb 2000
3,396 Posts
Stuart,

The P1076 from K&A is an easy going project. I had mine built in no time at all, and it is really a great flying plane. Ken suggests a cobalt 05 motor, but with the wing loading at that weight I wasnt too sure about it. My airframe without the battery weighed in at 11 ounces, so a Mega 7 turn motor and 8x1100NiMH with an 8x6 prop would do well in it.

Good luck.

Greg
Slope Nut is offline Find More Posts by Slope Nut
Old Dec 29, 2002, 09:59 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Joined May 2001
5,701 Posts
Thanks Greg, 11 oz, thats really lite. The set-up you mention sounds as if it would work well to. Have
you flown it yet, how does it go.?
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2002, 04:05 PM
AMA 670207
United States, WA, Sumner
Joined Oct 2000
2,774 Posts
Stuart,
If you should be interested in an axis multi-engined seaplane, you might want to consider this one from Laddie Mikulasko featured in Flying Models August 1999. Potez Cams 161.

I already have the plans on order. 6 Speed 400's.
Perry
Rudderman98 is offline Find More Posts by Rudderman98
Old Dec 29, 2002, 05:53 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stuart warne
Tom, I've just looked at your web site, and have seen the He111. Could you tell me a little more about the construction,
I noted that your plans are CAD drawn, yes. How complex is the construction for this bird, could the wing be
made from foam? Also any picture's you have of parts of the plan or better yet the model under construction would be a great visual aid.
Stuart,

The model was designed as a "sport scale" model, as such some things are certainly simpler. The fuselage is sectioned off into "ruled" surfaces. (single surface curvature) so the entire fuslage can be sheeted, and not planked. The nose is up to you though, I have not made any Vac-molds for it yet. The Tails are built up "slab". The wing is traditional two spar type, partially sheeted. The nacelles are the CASA Merlin nacelles rather than the original DB.

I have sold quite a few sets, but I have not seen any up and coming or finished yet from any that have bought them.

I supose the wing could be made from foam cores.

The reason they are in my "early" release plan section at discount prices is because I have not even started one yet.

Regards
Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt