Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 23, 2008, 11:24 AM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
Discussion
Align charger starting to go~

I've had this Align 4CX for almost a year now. Grabbed it from HeliDirect. I've been happy with it. It's cheap and it works.

Recently the LED lights that indicate it's balanced are starting to fib. I can plug in a 3s pack, watch the lights and they go all green. Then unplug the power cord to the charger, plug it back in and 1 cell light comes up as red. Or other times I can have 2 cells show up as red, then unplug the power to the charger, plug it back in immediately and have them all green.

Anyways. I think it's time to get a "good charger". I was looking at the UH Max chargers.. but.

I do have tons of laptop power bricks. What specs are good for a power brick to use with a good charger? Or I'd like one that plugs into the wall. I already have a car inverter.

Even a good used balance/charger would be nice.
I DO want one unit that does both balancing AND charging.
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2008, 01:06 PM
Permanently Banned
San Jose Ca / RSA flyer
Joined May 2003
8,030 Posts
http://www.xushobby.com/servlet/Detail?no=262
hall woo is offline Find More Posts by hall woo
Old Jan 23, 2008, 01:36 PM
allthingsthatfly.com
USA, ID, Meridian
Joined Jan 2007
6,144 Posts
Hm, that's not a bad price considering I need lipos in that size...
GFBurke is offline Find More Posts by GFBurke