Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 21, 2008, 06:52 PM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
Discussion
E-Flite Extra 260 VS Fliton Extra 260 mini

same price same size. which would yall recomend?

E-Flite Extra 260 3D 480
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL2475

Fliton Extra 260 Mini
http://fliton.com/new/product/extra.asp

E-flite
AUW 2629 oz
wing area 375 sq in

Fliton
AUW 22 - 24 oz
wing area 335 sq. in
STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:07 PM
Poiltics is a Contact Sport
Best President of the 21st Century
Joined Nov 2007
391 Posts
Fliton
FlyCush is offline Find More Posts by FlyCush
Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:12 PM
C.H.E.A.P.
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2005
1,352 Posts
I'm going out on a limb here in a way, I haven't flown the Fliton. But I bet it comes in at the heavier end of the spectrum as compared to EFlites 260 with the same equipment/setup. The more wing area and consequently lower loading (again same setup) tells me I would like the EFlite better.

FO4 will have his Fliton built soon I'm sure. Maybe we can do a comparison.
MICKEL is offline Find More Posts by MICKEL
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Inverza33
Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:33 PM
Don't lie to my dog.
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined Jun 2005
3,062 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS
which would yall recomend?
What do you want to do? From what has been written, they are both good planes, but good for different things.
Gregg28 is online now Find More Posts by Gregg28
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:06 PM
Joined Jun 2004
2,231 Posts
You can't go wrong with either. The extra wing area of the E-Flite will make it up for the extra weight. They both look great, too.
Malves is offline Find More Posts by Malves
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:08 PM
Cleveland
Joined Oct 2004
84 Posts
Dont mean to hijak the thread but, what about the e-flite versus the extreme flight extra?
marky1 is offline Find More Posts by marky1
Old Jan 21, 2008, 08:44 PM
C.H.E.A.P.
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2005
1,352 Posts
Extreme Flight for shizzle. But the other is 7oz lighter and I fly it better, go figure.

EFlite= 20+ amp setup for 3d
EF Extra =35+ amp setup f0r 3d
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MICKEL; Jan 21, 2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: mye spelleeng sukcs
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:41 AM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Joined May 2006
1,294 Posts
Mickel,

I got the older Fliton Extra 330 mini. The 260 is a newer and larger model. But I liked your tongue in cheek humor!! You know it will be close to year before I get to the Extra.....AM on the workbench. Give me two months....

FO4
Fatherof4 is online now Find More Posts by Fatherof4
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:09 AM
C.H.E.A.P.
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2005
1,352 Posts
Foot is very comfortably residing in my pie hole.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2008, 08:47 AM
Killeen TX
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg28
What do you want to do? From what has been written, they are both good planes, but good for different things.
CARE to elaborate?
ill be after high alpha 3d. particularly im looking for one with SUPER stable harriers with little wing rock.
not really into pattern aerobatics.

father, i origonally wanted teh 330mini, but now want the larger 260 for the added stability/weight/ wind capabilities. and also the 330mini had so many "problems" with the kit.

the extreme planes are way too big. the 42" is pretty much my max. i dont want to buy all new esc, batterys, motors etc. looking to keep what i got.
STANG KILLA SS is offline Find More Posts by STANG KILLA SS
Old Jan 22, 2008, 09:08 AM
Like a boss!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2007
1,754 Posts
Quote:
particularly im looking for one with SUPER stable harriers with little wing rock.
That might rule out the E-flite, then. Myself and others found that it had an unusually high amount of wing rock in harrier flight. Check the E-flite thread about it.
AllBread is offline Find More Posts by AllBread
Old Jan 22, 2008, 09:14 AM
Don't lie to my dog.
United States, DE, Wilmington
Joined Jun 2005
3,062 Posts
Quote:
CARE to elaborate?
ill be after high alpha 3d. particularly im looking for one with SUPER stable harriers with little wing rock.
not really into pattern aerobatics.
I have not flown either of these planes, but from what I have gleaned from the threads:
The Fliton 260 Mini has some trouble with snapping and high-alpha. Great pattern plane, but not really great 3D.
The E-Flite 260 seems to be better at 3D, but I just have not heard enough Hoo-Hah to warrent trying one.

Quote:
i origonally wanted teh 330mini, but now want the larger 260 for the added stability/weight/ wind capabilities. and also the 330mini had so many "problems" with the kit.
In case you have not noticed, I am a HUGE fan of the Fliton Extra 330 Mini. Yes, there are 'problems' with the kit, but they are not deal breakers for me. They plane is fantastic for harriers and high alpha along with just about everything else.
Gregg28 is online now Find More Posts by Gregg28
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:35 AM
Raised on 80's Pattern
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Joined May 2006
1,294 Posts
Quote:

father, i origonally wanted teh 330mini, but now want the larger 260 for the added stability/weight/ wind capabilities. and also the 330mini had so many "problems" with the kit.
Stang,

Like you I have gear ready to go in a new plane. My Hacker 20-20l, Hacker x-20, and TP Prolights 1320 are perfect for the Extra 330 mini according to the threads. Therefore, I bought that plane. I am not worried about the modifications (not problems) that need to be done. There is a great thread detailing what needs to be done.

I think you are going the right direction, find a plane that fits the gear you have.

Mickel above has the EFlight and he is a GREAT pilot. Mickel, what say you?????

FO4
Fatherof4 is online now Find More Posts by Fatherof4
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:27 AM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg28
The Fliton 260 Mini has some trouble with snapping and high-alpha. Great pattern plane, but not really great 3D.
Completely true. The rudder is very sensitive on the Fliton 260 and to much rudder input while in HA flight could easily result in a snap. Small inputs of rudder during HA is what this plane needs.

There is also a fair amount of wing rock in harrier but it can be controlled with aileron control. Nice pattern plane, O.K. 3D airplane.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:57 AM
C.H.E.A.P.
Chino Hills, CA
Joined Jan 2005
1,352 Posts
FO4: Thanks for the kindness! (He flies very well himself watch the vid )

EFlite Extra 260:

Rolls are fast, so fast that a full speed to 1/4 (knife edge) looks killer as it rips by on its wing. (KE has a little pull to the gear on mine.)

Loops are graceful but by pulling too hard on the elevator, it will fall out. Going over the top (waterfall) and it will elevator down pretty smoothly. Outside loops run off course a bit unless I use corrective inputs.

In high aplha I can "fly" out the rock with constant input; inverted it has almost no rock at all. High-alpha rollers are sweet, circles or straight ahead.

Snaps are lenient in that full throttle corner sticking results in a semi-wild manuever. (Now the EF Extra, that one snaps wicked-bad, doubles and triples)

Spins are ok upright, inverted ones look better (flatter).

Hovers are easy to lock in, and it will torque quickly, so be ready to face its belly a couple times depending on how long you keep it there.

In my experience Extras are a little pitch sensitive and a hard rudder blast will definitely throw it around (into trouble) in a heartbeat.
RCG Plus Member