Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:03 PM
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Nov 2011
285 Posts
Hey Nem,

Just an update on my build, I have decided to 3D print the intake and exhaust ducts and if that doesn't work I have a set of plugs to glass over. I have just received the foam cores for my wings and they are quite nice I will probably cover them with 0.8mm/1.5mm balsa and then do a layer or so of glass over the top.

Cheers,

Matt
1stfoot is offline Find More Posts by 1stfoot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:18 PM
Joined Mar 2002
263 Posts
Very nice work! Can I buy a set?

Let me know how they fit into the bulkheads.
nem3 is offline Find More Posts by nem3
Old Feb 25, 2012, 05:36 PM
Registered Idiot
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,824 Posts
hey can you send the plans to e9rudebouy@hotmail.co.uk
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:00 PM
Dir_D_Redd
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jan 2010
330 Posts
I would like you to cut me one and pm me your price please. 64mm
dirdredd is offline Find More Posts by dirdredd
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:17 PM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
The guy that cut those for matt is in australia...you canget the plans and have someone in the states cut it for you..you can download the 30day trial of autocad to view thexdrawings..but the plans are posted in the thread for free and the canbe cut by any cnc lasercutter if ya know one.
Take care............chris
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:00 AM
New Zealand, Waikato, Hamilton
Joined Nov 2011
285 Posts
Hey,

I'm sure the guy who cut mine in Australia would be happy to cut them for you and send them to you. He is a great guy and shipping is not a great amount. Got some more sections of the intake and exhaust ducts in the 3D printer today and will have the final two sections in there tomorrow so will hopefully have the ducts installed in the aircraft in the next few days.

Cheers,

Matt
1stfoot is offline Find More Posts by 1stfoot
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:14 AM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
hey guys can you send the plans to alparan@hotmail.com
crysys35 is offline Find More Posts by crysys35
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:16 AM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
hi Hover or die

you have f22 plans
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Mar 2002
263 Posts
Plans for what?
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:37 AM
Joined Aug 2011
3 Posts
ı need to f22 dxf or pdf plans
Old Apr 08, 2012, 05:30 PM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
I recieved the drawing I used from this thread..The thread starter(Nem3)is the one responsible for the drawings and if you want something from him you should ask or do like he said in the first post and read the freakin thread...It's short,a good read and you might just find what you seek.......over and out..........................Chris

Nem,
hope you are well...I did get my ducts completed out of glass/epoxy...80mm dual project moves foreward.......................thanks for the hard work!!!
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
Old Apr 08, 2012, 06:28 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,026 Posts
+1 This is just my opinion, but I thought that crysys35 was rather rude. It seems that some people just don't want to be bothered to take the time and research out a project. I believe that that's why there is a "Search this Forum" or "Search this thread" option.
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Apr 09, 2012, 12:56 AM
Joined Aug 2011
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolerByTheLake View Post
+1 This is just my opinion, but I thought that crysys35 was rather rude. It seems that some people just don't want to be bothered to take the time and research out a project. I believe that that's why there is a "Search this Forum" or "Search this thread" option.
+10 to that. Nem3 Busted his butt to work through the plans and someone with 3 posts consists of "gimme gimme gimme". I can see how it works out too. " Guys, Check this out. I designed this by myself and it flies awesome" then a crash and burn and blaming Nem3. Talk about totally tactless. I followed this thread since it's start and the effort to work through the design and problems with ducting etc show it's a well throught out plan. When I get ready to tackle this, I have no problem with making "donations" to Nem3 for assistance.
Peacemakr40 is offline Find More Posts by Peacemakr40
Old Apr 09, 2012, 01:36 AM
Joined Mar 2002
263 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for stepping up in my absence. I'm very happy to see that there are still people here who understand what went into this project.

crysys35, these guys have it right. Read the thread. There is are very good reason I did not post a link to the drawings in the first post. If someone has the inclination to read through the thread, they'll not only gain knowledge of the process and issues with this project but also prove they have more than a ounces interest in it. The few who have emailed, PM'ed and posted as you have are either out to sell my plans for profit or do as Peacemakr40 suggested.

As for the rest of you great guys. I want to see pics It's a true honor to see what you guys have accomplished with my plans. I have yet to see one fly, and I can't wait for the day that one of you post a video
Last edited by nem3; Apr 09, 2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Just got another PM asking for the plans
Old Apr 10, 2012, 01:29 AM
Austria, Vbg., Hohenweiler
Joined Apr 2010
68 Posts
Hi nem3,
as I said in a post I will build one and give you feedback I recently found time and started building but now came to a point I need your help and information:
1st of all my set up: twin Wemo 609 pro with HET 600-32īs is planned to be used as propulsion.
I blew up the plan by ~10% to fit wemos in.
All parts have been laser cut and fit very well.
What I ve done so far is the plugs for the inlets and outlets. The next step will be the cutting of the foam cores for the wings and stabs.
I also intend to do an airfoil on the H-stabs (NACA0006) and V-stab.
So now my question:
-What airfoil did you use on the main wings? It seems to be symmetric.
-Second a problem will be the fixture of the taileron to the fuselage. The outside part at the end of the fuselage is so thin. I donīt think you can drill a hole in for the taileron axis bearing. Anyway I have to adapt this part with the planned airfoil for the taileron
inglesingles is offline Find More Posts by inglesingles
Last edited by inglesingles; Apr 10, 2012 at 01:57 AM.