HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2002, 09:17 PM
West Dundee, IL, USA
Joined Jul 2001
845 Posts
Sparrow Hawk Conversion?

I got a Dumas Sparrow Hawk for Christmas . I'm a bit of a airship freak, so this is a cool model because the Sparrow Hawks were launched in the air from the Macon and Akron.

Anyway, has anybody done a conversion on this model?
tekochip is offline Find More Posts by tekochip
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2002, 12:07 AM
"Experienced-Crasher"
Rex, NC "Extreme Boonies"
Joined Jan 2002
2,360 Posts
What's the Wingspan??

I'm thinking You might have to "enlarge" the kit a bit before You do a conversion,unless you want to go the sub,sub $$$$ micro route... No real problem there though... If you haven't punched-out any parts off the laser cutting,(even if You did,the fit right back in ) Just take your parts & photo copy them. Then, take the plans & the copies to a CAD blueprint shop and have them enlarged to around a 28-30" span. Then all you need do is cut new wood parts and use GWS sub-micro equipment and a IPS (tigermoth) motor. If You want an easy way to transfer your parts to new wood using your new photo copies just follow My Step-by-step transfer thread... You'll be flying in no time! Bob
Here is a link...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=77687

PS: Since You'll be using the lasered parts on the sheet,all you'll need do is lay that entire sheet down on the new balsa and it will transfer the whole thing right to a new balsa sheet and look just like the lasered sheet... except You have to cut it... Also, make a couple extra copies in case you have a Boo-Boo trying the transfer,as it only works one time...
Demon-Leather is offline Find More Posts by Demon-Leather
Last edited by Demon-Leather; Dec 26, 2002 at 12:13 AM.