Joined Dec 2002
Few questions about my first Corona 120
I have been lurking on these forums for a while and have finally decided that the LMH Corona 120 is probably the best beginner electric Heli out there. But first, I have a few quick questions:
1. I've been into r/c a while, but recently sold off everything I had (mostly car related) so I am going to have to start from scratch. Is my best bet purchasing the "complete" setup Lite Machines offers for the Corona or purchasing the parts separately? (i'm on a tight budget)
2. Assuming i purchase separetly, can you guys recommend me some servos and Radio setup that has just enough features to let me fly the craft? I dont need anything special, just something cheap.
3. From my research, I gather that the Atomic Force, Castle Creations 35A controller, and Futaba GY-420 would be the best setup, right?? Trying to save on $$, would it be OK to just use the stock motor (Assuming one is included with basic kit) until i get the hang of things?? Are the ESC and Gyro i mentioned the best bang for buck??
4. I will probably get a pre-built 2400mah pack. Are these the best bang for buck? I'm not too sure on how to build so i want to buy pre-built. ARe some brands better than others??
5. Where can I purchase this stuff for as cheap as possible?? I'm a student and dont have too much to spend. I heard of a company alot of you mention, the name starts with an R, i cant think of it now. Are they generally the cheapest for everything i'll need or just the heli kit??
6. Anything else other than a charger and basic tools i'll need to get started???
Any suggestions and comments you can offer would be AWESOME!! Please respond ASAP as i would like to get this ordered tomorrow if possible because i'm leaving for Lake Tahoe Friday morning
p.s.= if anyone wants to be realllly helpful, contact me on AOL Instant messenger under "mtbiac" (same on yahoo messenger and msn)
Give Mike a call at Roffee, he will answer all your questions, and help you get the best setup with what you have to spend.
They have great customer service.
For the Futaba 240 http://www.helihut.com/
has the best prices, outside of that get everything else from Mike at roffee.
And yes that gyro would be the best bang for the buck.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||a few more questions about my first build||bryguy17||Electric Motor Design and Construction||1||Feb 24, 2007 02:27 PM|
|Discussion||A few questions about my Nutz||Bish||Flying Wings||24||Sep 24, 2006 04:04 PM|
|Discussion||Few Qs about my first Trex 450XL SE||lauri||Mini Helis||13||Jul 07, 2006 08:54 PM|
|A Few Questions about my New Large TP ProLite Packs||Brill 1||Batteries and Chargers||7||Apr 18, 2005 05:48 AM|
|few questions about my power plant||MileHighFlyer||Power Systems||7||Apr 17, 2005 07:21 PM|