Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 25, 2002, 06:40 PM
Joined Dec 2002
14 Posts
Few questions about my first Corona 120

I have been lurking on these forums for a while and have finally decided that the LMH Corona 120 is probably the best beginner electric Heli out there. But first, I have a few quick questions:

1. I've been into r/c a while, but recently sold off everything I had (mostly car related) so I am going to have to start from scratch. Is my best bet purchasing the "complete" setup Lite Machines offers for the Corona or purchasing the parts separately? (i'm on a tight budget)

2. Assuming i purchase separetly, can you guys recommend me some servos and Radio setup that has just enough features to let me fly the craft? I dont need anything special, just something cheap.

3. From my research, I gather that the Atomic Force, Castle Creations 35A controller, and Futaba GY-420 would be the best setup, right?? Trying to save on $$, would it be OK to just use the stock motor (Assuming one is included with basic kit) until i get the hang of things?? Are the ESC and Gyro i mentioned the best bang for buck??

4. I will probably get a pre-built 2400mah pack. Are these the best bang for buck? I'm not too sure on how to build so i want to buy pre-built. ARe some brands better than others??

5. Where can I purchase this stuff for as cheap as possible?? I'm a student and dont have too much to spend. I heard of a company alot of you mention, the name starts with an R, i cant think of it now. Are they generally the cheapest for everything i'll need or just the heli kit??

6. Anything else other than a charger and basic tools i'll need to get started???

Any suggestions and comments you can offer would be AWESOME!! Please respond ASAP as i would like to get this ordered tomorrow if possible because i'm leaving for Lake Tahoe Friday morning

Thanks alot,
Mike-

p.s.= if anyone wants to be realllly helpful, contact me on AOL Instant messenger under "mtbiac" (same on yahoo messenger and msn)
mtbiac is offline Find More Posts by mtbiac
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2002, 07:52 PM
Cnc-Nut
USA, FL, Hudson
Joined Sep 2002
239 Posts
Give Mike a call at Roffee, he will answer all your questions, and help you get the best setup with what you have to spend.

They have great customer service.

Roffee Hobby
740-685-2552
roffeetvhobby@byesville.net

For the Futaba 240 http://www.helihut.com/

has the best prices, outside of that get everything else from Mike at roffee.

And yes that gyro would be the best bang for the buck.

Gregg M.
fig8 is offline Find More Posts by fig8
Old Dec 25, 2002, 07:55 PM
Should get a life
Muncie,IN USA
Joined Mar 2002
209 Posts
Pick up a spare tail boom or two while you are ordering stuff.You'll need them.
The Corona is a great choice and great fun.
Tom Cardiff is offline Find More Posts by Tom Cardiff