HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 06, 2008, 01:33 AM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,993 Posts
they said it was a cell phone jammer modifyed...it was at the basin Apollo park ...yeah a 1200 watt one
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2008, 09:13 PM
Plane on the Brain
Joined Apr 2005
840 Posts
I found something that worked very well for a second bushing. It was a white drywall anchor for securing screws into drywall. I cut it in half and drilled out the end a little to fit the taileron shaft then epoxied it into the fuse half while I permanently secured the back third of the duct.

Long story short i still had some yaw wiggle in flight so i put a carbon spar on the LE of the vertical stabilizer and have yet to fly it like this.

I am looking forward to dons wicked extreme motor once the tuition check clears
coolboarder is offline Find More Posts by coolboarder
Old Apr 09, 2008, 09:19 PM
Doppler wrangler
Joined Sep 2007
717 Posts
You know, at WOT we noticed my 16 has a tail wiggle as it goes by. Only seems to do it at high speed.

I didnt do the tail mods per se, but I did take out all the slop and epoxied the bushings in. Put reinforced tape on the slats where the stabs mount.
hyperdyne is offline Find More Posts by hyperdyne
Old Apr 09, 2008, 09:35 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,993 Posts
cool

cool idea cool
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Last edited by AIR SALLY; Apr 19, 2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 02:14 PM
Plane on the Brain
Joined Apr 2005
840 Posts
The carbon fiber on the LE of the vertical stabilizer did not help the wiggle, thankfully it is not present at higher speeds.

I just got two flights in winds that I do not normally fly in. Between soccer and baseball practice I have run out of flying fields so I had to fly anyway.

I was pleasantly surprised. Through turns with no rudder the wind really effected the roll axis, but other than that it was cool plus I got to do some downwind runs
coolboarder is offline Find More Posts by coolboarder
Old Dec 24, 2008, 11:36 PM
Joined Dec 2007
218 Posts
Ok so I'm a little lost with the terminology. When you guys are referring to removing the bushings and re-gluing them flush are you talking about the little bars that stick out of the tail pieces?
skimstr is offline Find More Posts by skimstr
Old May 14, 2009, 10:16 PM
The Need4Speed
Malaysia, Perak, Ipoh
Joined Aug 2008
929 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm about to start building my Phase 3 F-16, can the GWS EDF64 with the 3900KV Green motor on 4S be good enough for 90-100mph speeds? Thinking of this combination b'cos it's a bit difficult to get the motors mentioned here.

Thanks.

Foo.
fooyukvoon is offline Find More Posts by fooyukvoon
Old May 15, 2009, 06:17 AM
Aylesbury,UK
Joined Apr 2000
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimstr
Ok so I'm a little lost with the terminology. When you guys are referring to removing the bushings and re-gluing them flush are you talking about the little bars that stick out of the tail pieces?
Hi, thats something I did. Out of the box it looks like they have been stuck in with hot glue or something similar. I removed them and glued them back in flush. This means you wont have such a big gap between the tailplanes and the fuselage side where the piviot rod goes through.
Stuey is online now Find More Posts by Stuey
Old Nov 29, 2009, 05:05 PM
Woody
Darien,CT
Joined Nov 2006
102 Posts
Tail reinforcement

Just finished my 2nd F-16 after augering my first. The relacement kit had instructions for reinforcing the tail with plywood or carbon IF one planned to modify for 4 cell operation (more power than stock ). It said there was no need to reinforce if using the stock set up. I did not reinforce, but upon completion I was unhappy with the slop in the elevons. To fix this, I reglued the eylets in the elevons and epoxied a small piece of plastic left over from the cockpit canopy onto the fuse to engage the elevon rod. In the future I will also reglue the other 4 eyelets
Spurwood is offline Find More Posts by Spurwood
Old Nov 29, 2009, 09:50 PM
Bay Area, CA
Joined Apr 2008
295 Posts
I used the metal (I think they are brass) eyelits that came with some servos I had. They are the perfect diameter to accomodate the taileron shafts. I pierced the fuselage with the taileron shaft then epoxied the eyelets into the fuse.
cutty01 is offline Find More Posts by cutty01
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:01 AM
USA, CA, Riverside
Joined Jan 2008
848 Posts
I know this was a long time ago but what servos did you get the brass fittings out of please?
giddyuperic is offline Find More Posts by giddyuperic
Old Feb 19, 2011, 07:56 PM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,239 Posts
I'm a bit confused! Some people say that the latest from HobbyPeople is that they sell it with a 70mm fan, is this true? Anyway, I planning to get one and using 4s 2200 pack, is the fan, esc, motor will be good or should get the airframe only and get the rest myself, and if the case what is good to get for a reasonable fee! I'm hopping to get in the 3 digit if possible :-)
choopi is offline Find More Posts by choopi
Old Feb 22, 2011, 08:01 AM
New Brunswick
Joined Feb 2006
1,239 Posts
Anybody got experience with that fan package:
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...dProduct=11165
choopi is offline Find More Posts by choopi
Old Feb 23, 2014, 06:10 PM
United States, IN, Evansville
Joined Aug 2008
4 Posts
Please provide price for fg nosecone and inlet reinforcement.
Thank you
stuie59 is offline Find More Posts by stuie59
Old Jul 03, 2014, 05:39 AM
bps
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Apr 2001
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurwood View Post
Just finished my 2nd F-16 after augering my first. The relacement kit had instructions for reinforcing the tail with plywood or carbon IF one planned to modify for 4 cell operation (more power than stock ). It said there was no need to reinforce if using the stock set up. I did not reinforce, but upon completion I was unhappy with the slop in the elevons. To fix this, I reglued the eylets in the elevons and epoxied a small piece of plastic left over from the cockpit canopy onto the fuse to engage the elevon rod. In the future I will also reglue the other 4 eyelets

I just started construction of my kit. Wonder if the mfg has upgraded the taileron bushings. My bushings seem to be a very good fit to the taileron wires. Balancing the tailerons sounds like a very good idea to me. Also installed two 4mm carbon fiber tubes on the top of the rear fuse to give more support to the taileron mounting area. This seems to have stiffened up the area a bunch. Next is covering with Top Flight Econocoat to give the entire airframe some protection. Did this on my Squall and it worked like a charm. Much easier than glassing. Also found some nylon packaging tape that has nylon going in both width and length. Used this to provide some wing stiffening on both the top and bottom of the wing. This seems to work well. Nice and stiff now.
bps is offline Find More Posts by bps