HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2008, 12:59 PM
Flying motor mount master
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
8,745 Posts
Eureka!!

For those who really don't want to send away for Drafting Mylar you can use a substitute that works well.

If you have a Longs nearby you go inside and look for Write-on/Wipe off Poster Board. Works like a charm.

fly_boy99 is offline Find More Posts by fly_boy99
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2008, 01:03 PM
Ahhgh! Not ANOTHER new plane!
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2001
2,731 Posts
Hi guys. I saw a Falcon flying at our field and had to have one. What a sweet flyer! I thought I'd share some flight pictures we took today.

Of course the color scheme is not authentic. It's a compromise between wanting a gray Falcon and needing some visual orientation cues.

In a gray sky like this it's harder to see than the stock scheme, but in a sunny sky it shows up real well, better in fact.
Robert Stinson is offline Find More Posts by Robert Stinson
Old Apr 04, 2008, 03:18 PM
Ahhgh! Not ANOTHER new plane!
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2001
2,731 Posts
A sunnier day..

A little clearer;
Robert Stinson is offline Find More Posts by Robert Stinson
Old Apr 04, 2008, 07:29 PM
STILL NO BUCKING IDEA
perth western australia
Joined Aug 2007
506 Posts
it looks a million dollars Robert, looking forward to gittin mine in the air
mr fabulous is offline Find More Posts by mr fabulous
Old Apr 04, 2008, 08:15 PM
fly it like you stole it
near Springfield Il
Joined Apr 2003
223 Posts
Finally maidened mine. The take off was hairy and once it was on step it was way too twitchy. I brought it in and dialed in some expo and reset it with more uptrim and tried agian. The second takeoff was also hairy. I guess I need a harder throw and full throttle. Anyway once it was going and the trim dialed in it flew great. I never took it over half throttle and it was doing around 100. It sure covers the sky quick. If I can just fiqure out how to launch it this plane will be a real winner. I have the high power full glass setup and it weighs just under 30 ounces.
invertman is offline Find More Posts by invertman
Old Apr 04, 2008, 08:34 PM
Wichita,Ks
Joined Feb 2007
2,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertman
Finally maidened mine. The take off was hairy and once it was on step it was way too twitchy. I brought it in and dialed in some expo and reset it with more uptrim and tried agian. The second takeoff was also hairy. I guess I need a harder throw and full throttle. Anyway once it was going and the trim dialed in it flew great. I never took it over half throttle and it was doing around 100. It sure covers the sky quick. If I can just fiqure out how to launch it this plane will be a real winner. I have the high power full glass setup and it weighs just under 30 ounces.
What's your "high power" setup??
brati4 is online now Find More Posts by brati4
Old Apr 04, 2008, 09:30 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,951 Posts
use full power and throw it in a slight nose up .also mix in some elevator up trim with flap off set ,use the flap ch to give you some up for launch ..then after your on your way flip the switch and the normal flight trim is there and away you go.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Apr 04, 2008, 09:40 PM
Wichita,Ks
Joined Feb 2007
2,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY
use full power and throw it in a slight nose up .also mix in some elevator up trim with flap off set ,use the flap ch to give you some up for launch ..then after your on your way flip the switch and the normal flight trim is there and away you go.
A/S: What's your feel for mixing throttle to elevon to offset the low pressure caused by going WOT with the cheater holes?
brati4 is online now Find More Posts by brati4
Old Apr 04, 2008, 10:14 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,951 Posts
I dont have cheaters and i don't have the proplem and i have 600+ watts ...i would guess it could be done ..it may take some flights to dial it in.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 12:11 AM
fly it like you stole it
near Springfield Il
Joined Apr 2003
223 Posts
Thanks for the advice again AS. I knew there had to be a trick to it. My power setup is the same as CN's first high speed F16 that he crashed.
invertman is offline Find More Posts by invertman
Old Apr 05, 2008, 01:50 PM
Plane on the Brain
Joined Apr 2005
840 Posts
Hello,

I was wondering what would cause a little lateral (yaw) wiggle in the tail of this jet only at mid range speeds. Obviously it is a build error and I also assumed it was one of my stock tailerons that had barely a few degrees of additional anhedral.

Thanks,

Cool
coolboarder is offline Find More Posts by coolboarder
Old Apr 05, 2008, 02:54 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,951 Posts
He did'nt crash ...we were both shot down at the same time with a devise...a few weeks later the dude was caught ...but a lot of 2.4 birds went in before they got him ...Feds got him now he's going down
Cool it could be the tails are loose the bering might be loose ,did you you do the tail mods..the vert might be flexing also i stiffened mine up by using the white paper in the kit and sticking it to the vert.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 04:44 PM
Plane on the Brain
Joined Apr 2005
840 Posts
Thanks for the response. I have 3m clear duct type tape under the paint on the Vertical stabilizer, but I may try a little carbon. On the tail I epoxied the bushings within the fuse to a 5" piece of carbon fiber and I have ply on the underneath. I think the weakest link is the tailerons themselves at this point. Right now they are up against the fuse bushings, but do have a little play in them.

I think I may have to do a second fuse bushing where the duct and fuse meet.

I am all ready for a 4s upgrade, but I'm afraid these may cause a problem at those speeds. That being said at wot on the stock system with a 3sTP2200 it is smooth as silk.

Cool
coolboarder is offline Find More Posts by coolboarder
Old Apr 05, 2008, 10:55 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,951 Posts
cool

I have the second bushing ,it works good .i also tokk my stabs off and squeezed in some GG where the eyelet is glued on .i remove them pump in the ggand replaced them flush ...it helps to get some of the slop out of the stabs
Old Apr 05, 2008, 11:09 PM
neLNDGuCNwkUP2isAgd1 !!!
United States, ND, Fargo
Joined Apr 2004
71 Posts
AS, what was he using to shoot you down? Someone should give him an EDF enema!

Mike M.
MadJocko is offline Find More Posts by MadJocko