HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2008, 03:09 AM
Joined Jan 2008
1 Posts
Discussion
hey im new and have some well maybe unusuall questions

hello, ive been wondering for awhile now what it would be like to fly an rc plane, but you see, i dont want a normal plane. I think it would be cool if you could like put like some type of a live video camera into the nose of the plane that you could hook up to your computer or a tv so that when you fly it, you could be like sitting inside just flying it from your tv. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions about this that would be awsum. Thnx :P
nibblits is offline Find More Posts by nibblits
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2008, 03:27 AM
Western KY
Joined Sep 2003
1,622 Posts
It's already been done.

A camera was mounted on a two axis mount on the aircraft. A two axis gyro was attached to a set of virtual reality goggles and slaved to the two channels controlling the camera mount. When the flyer turned his head, the camera was synchronized to the movement and the image was transmitted in real time to the VR goggles.

What he saw was essentially the same as if he had been sitting in the plane and he flew accordingly.
Andrew0820 is offline Find More Posts by Andrew0820
Old Jan 19, 2008, 04:16 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,766 Posts
There are plenty of people doing that sort of thing. That's why there's a whole forum about just that subject. Have a look at Video Piloting http://www.rcgroups.com/video-piloting-fpv-rpv-469/

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Jan 19, 2008, 03:17 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,169 Posts
There are also folks doing this on the aerial photography forum. I believe they use old suv tv screens. They run on 12 volts. l
Crowfly is offline Find More Posts by Crowfly
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:31 AM
Boucherville, Canada
Joined Dec 2006
13 Posts
http://www.rc-tech.ch/web/index.php?...mart&Itemid=26

Look them up. They even have head tracking system with on board pan tilt cams.
mporlier is offline Find More Posts by mporlier