HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by thomer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 18, 2008, 01:40 PM
Long live the SHP!
CA
Joined Mar 2003
2,487 Posts
Trader Rating: 148
Sold
New Multiplex Twin Jet local p/u only Los Angeles

Multiplex Twinjet Shark Racer edition- Blue- assembled but never flown. Added some lead and made a slit it in nose to get the CG balanced. Comes with two 480 brushed motors, two servo extensions, new 30 amp ESC.

$50 local pickup only in Los Angeles.

I just shipped an assembled Fun Jet which cost me $42 to ship, so unless you are willing to pay $50 for shipping, this is for local pick up only.
thomer is offline Find More Posts by thomer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2008, 06:17 PM
Central PA
Joined Dec 2005
1,496 Posts
Trader Rating: 64
Just and FYI, and maybe some others can benefit from this. If the girth pluss the longest dimension of the package is less than 108", USPS will ship it for around $20. I get some free cardboard (appliance, kitchen cabinet, window boxes etc.- check a new home site), break out the glue gun and fab up a box that meets those dimensions. Its almost as much fun as building a plane! I'm not sure if this plane would fit, but you'd be amazed at what you can ship for $20 with a little planning.
TommyB is offline Find More Posts by TommyB
Old Jan 18, 2008, 06:31 PM
USA
Joined Oct 2006
277 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
im in los angeles. thats an interesting plane. im not sure if im ready for it though. i only have experience with a slow stick and mountain models magpie.
300Spartans is offline Find More Posts by 300Spartans
Old Jan 18, 2008, 10:59 PM
Long live the SHP!
CA
Joined Mar 2003
2,487 Posts
Trader Rating: 148
Tommy,

I appreciate the info, but the P.O.'s in my area do not charge that little for a package that size. They pull a cute little thing called a "balloon rate" where the charge doubles or triples sometimes for the dimensions you gave.

I wish it was that cheap.

Spartans,

You can always buy it now and keep it tucked away safe for when you're ready for it. The Twin Jets are not made anymore by Multiplex. I need to sell it, and you know you want it!
thomer is offline Find More Posts by thomer
Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:14 PM
boise idaho, CALI is home
Joined Aug 2005
637 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
i agree i just shipped a 36in flying wing in a huge box weighed in at almost 5lbs and shipping was only 16.00 to new york you might wanna check again. i would buy it if shipping were decent. USPS not fed ex
parkzonekid is offline Find More Posts by parkzonekid
Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:33 PM
Central PA
Joined Dec 2005
1,496 Posts
Trader Rating: 64
The "helpful" folks at the PO, for some reason, assume that everything goes priority, I guess because generally the price is not much differnent. It won't go priority. I had checked online, and taken the package down, and he told me it would be like a hundred. So I went home made sure I read it right, took it back down, and he says "I thought you wanted to send it priority". I think they they do call it balloon rate, and/or oversize, but it will go. If I'm not mistaken, its good up to 40 lbs, too.

With that plane, you'd probably still need to cut something off. With and epp plane, I don't think that's a big deal, with a smooth cut and some adhesive, it'd be an invisible repair.
TommyB is offline Find More Posts by TommyB
Old Jan 19, 2008, 09:13 PM
I meant to do that....
United States, CA, Upland
Joined Dec 2005
372 Posts
Trader Rating: 236
You have a pm...
crashnburned is offline Find More Posts by crashnburned
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:48 AM
Long live the SHP!
CA