HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 18, 2008, 04:16 AM
RBS
Auckland. New Zealand
Joined May 2007
31 Posts
Question
Esky v4 Lama upgrades

Hi all. I bought an Esky Lama v4 for my son and I to learn on. Ive been flying RC gliders for years and my son has been flying on the dreaded Xbox. We've had it for about a week. Matthew sussed it out quicker than me. Its out of action at the moment. Run out of blades. Tough little heli though. Just when I think I know what my thumbs are doing the concentration goes and so do the blades. Good fun though. Ive seen on some sites there are aluminium upgrade parts. Is it worthwhile upgrading any parts and if so will it improve the Lamas flying.

Thanks

Ray
RBS is offline Find More Posts by RBS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2008, 04:33 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
Hi, I've had my lama v4 for almost a year. Tried some of the aluminum upgrades but I wasn't happy with the way the heli flew and hovered using some of them. If you get incorrectly machined parts your model won't be very stable. In the end, I ended up with the cnc swashplate, xtreme hard blades, unbreakable skids, and some extra lipos. I also put a Blade CX2 police skin on it. what I like about the lama v4 is the blade cx2 fuselages fit it.
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter
Old Jan 18, 2008, 03:40 PM
RBS
Auckland. New Zealand
Joined May 2007
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetskeeter
Hi, I've had my lama v4 for almost a year. Tried some of the aluminum upgrades but I wasn't happy with the way the heli flew and hovered using some of them. If you get incorrectly machined parts your model won't be very stable. In the end, I ended up with the cnc swashplate, xtreme hard blades, unbreakable skids, and some extra lipos. I also put a Blade CX2 police skin on it. what I like about the lama v4 is the blade cx2 fuselages fit it.
Thanks for the advice.

Ray
RBS is offline Find More Posts by RBS
Old Jan 20, 2008, 05:46 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,644 Posts
Many similiar comments on the Al upgrade parts. and other Lama discussion here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9&goto=newpost
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr