Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:34 PM
foamanologist
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Apr 2006
938 Posts
Discussion
AA rx board help......actuator mod-4mm pager motor

Hi all,

I posted this in the indoor section but have had no replies. Thought I would try here!

Im sure some of you have seen some of my micro creations either here or on other boards. Although this is not plane related, the rx board I want to use is. I am building some 5" racing boats and would like to use the AA electronics for testing. I need to know how to do the act mod but in place of the act Id like to use a 4mm pager motor for more torque and it will be cheaper to mass produce with a pager motor vs. an act. I have seen Nitros Tutorial on this but dont fully understand it. Also do I need to perform the no thottle steering mod to make this work?
Here are the boats I am talking about.

Thanks for any help,
Matt
customminatures is offline Find More Posts by customminatures
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2008, 02:35 AM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
927 Posts
Get an AirHogs UBI, I believe it is still @ Target web site for $11.99. That plane is single motor plus actuator and the actuator drive circuit should be able to handle the 4mm pager motor.
Finnspeed is offline Find More Posts by Finnspeed
Old Jan 19, 2008, 09:57 AM
Houston, TX
Joined Jul 2007
416 Posts
One note on the AirHogs UBI, this post describes how that board will not take a bigger motor as it is - it will cut off the power:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...75#post8796075
So, if you're looking for good power, you'll have to look elsewhere or get into mods.
OkFrst'r is offline Find More Posts by OkFrst'r