SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:45 PM
south central kansas
Joined Jul 2003
571 Posts
Discussion
New Andrew Jesky "Blender"

Hey guys!

Here is a shot of the soon to be released "Blender" from Andrew Jesky and Fancy Foam Models.

Since Andrew flew it at the 2007 E-TOC in both F3P and freestyle (I think the only pilot to do so) we thought it was a nice blend between the two flying styles. Hence the name "Blender"

Should be out in a week or two.

Mike Hammel
www.fancyfoam.com
mycamel is offline Find More Posts by mycamel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2008, 11:38 PM
Oly crap.. Deese ease not gud!
USA, NC, Kernersville
Joined Nov 2006
1,160 Posts
Awesome Mike! This will be a great addition to your line of planes.

BTW, I believe Devin McGrath also flew Andrew's design at ETOC this year, without the aileron fences or airbrakes.

RJ
hpapilot is offline Find More Posts by hpapilot
Old Jan 17, 2008, 01:05 AM
VBARRRR
USA, CA, San Bruno
Joined Jul 2007
2,502 Posts
looks thin, what's the thickness on the foam?
brian94066 is offline Find More Posts by brian94066
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:22 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Hi Mike , the Blender looks very high quality , Andrew sure made history with this alround plane and i think this type of design and versatility plane is really required on the market place , anyone purchasing one will obviously have the best of both worlds . It will be a winner for you .
Have you any spec to publise yet ?
Also what gear did Andrew use ?

Richard
richard boyd is offline Find More Posts by richard boyd
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:32 AM
Joined Jun 2006
516 Posts
Just went to FF's page and noticed they're also making Chitty's "Maxum": http://www.fancyfoam.com/images/maxum.jpg
poring is offline Find More Posts by poring
Old Jan 17, 2008, 08:00 AM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
Mike,

I do not see on your website the pricing for the Blender. Do you have any idea what this kit will be selling for? Thanks

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old Jan 17, 2008, 08:06 AM
United States, UT, Tooele
Joined Oct 2002
1,681 Posts
Richard,

As for my setup at ETOC I had a Hacker A10-15s with the Hacker X-5 speed control, Futaba 3154 servos all around, and a Berg 4 receiver. As well as some proto TP 300mah packs. Mine weighed in at 4.1 oz milled out.

Andrew
Andrew Jesky is online now Find More Posts by Andrew Jesky
Old Jan 17, 2008, 08:19 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Thanks Andrew , for the setup and info , i have watched you fly the Blender on the ETOC video and it looks amazing ! or is it the setup ! or maybe the pilot ! LOL. The RTF weight is very low for a bi of this type and size . I fly the Future and Futurions by Donatas but cannot match you on weight on the bigger Future ! Milling may be the answer . Hacker motors UK ( Flighttech ) have very kindly offered me a few new motors so i will be trying them out after i return from Prague , the A10-15s is one of the motors so im looking forward to the experiance !

Richard
Old Jan 17, 2008, 09:32 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
640 Posts
Awesome, cant wait for there availability, I will keep my eye on your site, just ordered the Xcaliber and Gernot Yak.. Thanks again Mike!!!

John
xtremeRCpilot is online now Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:39 AM
United States, UT, Tooele
Joined Oct 2002
1,681 Posts
Richard,

I think it is all in the planes performance. I was just lucky enough to have some great friends help me out at etoc. Also, a big thanks needs to go to Larry Markey and Len Morgan, these guys designed and tweak this bipe to its full potential!!! These two are the behind the scenes guys that no one sees or talks about but I need to thank them a bunch for this plane. Also, big thanks to Mike at FancyFoam for wanting to produce this airplane. I feel mike is the only one in the US that can produce planes fast and very accurate. Just the way they should be designed!!!

On a side not you will love the Hacker A10-15s as it has good power on a 8x4.3 gws prop. If you want even more power go with the 9L its crazy on the same prop!!!
Andrew Jesky is online now Find More Posts by Andrew Jesky
Old Jan 17, 2008, 10:53 AM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky
Richard,

I think it is all in the planes performance. I was just lucky enough to have some great friends help me out at etoc. Also, a big thanks needs to go to Larry Markey and Len Morgan, these guys designed and tweak this bipe to its full potential!!! These two are the behind the scenes guys that no one sees or talks about but I need to thank them a bunch for this plane. Also, big thanks to Mike at FancyFoam for wanting to produce this airplane. I feel mike is the only one in the US that can produce planes fast and very accurate. Just the way they should be designed!!!

On a side not you will love the Hacker A10-15s as it has good power on a 8x4.3 gws prop. If you want even more power go with the 9L its crazy on the same prop!!!
Having been fortunate to see Drew fly this airplane I can say the airplane is pretty awesome but....... the pilot flying it is pretty darn good too.

Anytime you can torque roll a foamy as fast as Drew can and still maintain control like he does that's pretty cool (then flying a reverse torque roll).

I'm looking forward to trying this one myself.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old Jan 17, 2008, 11:04 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined May 2006
1,212 Posts
Andrew i think Hacker are including the 9L aswell , im really looking forward to these motors arriving . We are running an F3P and AM competition here in Ireland on the 2nd of March 2008 you can get your entry form at http://www.dungannonmfc.co.uk/ LOL . The crack will be good and so will the Guinness , i would safely say you will win it ! Accomodation is free ! no problem ! my spare room , i think you will be at home with the foamies and planes i have stacked in there ! Looking forward to your reply ,

Richard , PS i hope you will be flying your Blender
Old Jan 30, 2008, 04:52 PM
Fast and getting faster!
Albany County, New York, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,566 Posts
*with Money in hand......Waiting patiently! Whats the word, when are these puppies gonna be ready!
FASTALJR is offline Find More Posts by FASTALJR
Old Jan 30, 2008, 05:13 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Joined Sep 2006
640 Posts
Same Here...... Maybe they will come with a free battery as well!!!! wink wink...
Hurry Mike..... there is a hole burning through my pocket. Need new Blender!!

John
xtremeRCpilot is online now Find More Posts by xtremeRCpilot
Old Jan 30, 2008, 07:13 PM
south central kansas
Joined Jul 2003
571 Posts
Soon! Soon!

Lots of little details everytime we release a new model.

We shall serve no Blender before it's time

Soon! Soon!
mycamel is offline Find More Posts by mycamel