Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 15, 2008, 07:11 AM
Joined Jan 2007
6 Posts
Question
Cessna 182 Skyartec good or bad?

Hello, I've been searchig for my next model (Actually Easy Star w/brushless&aleiron). I've found this foamy at hobbycity.
I've read several posts about it, but I'm not sure it's the same version as i've found. Does anyone have this model?

It comes with brushless motor, lipo and everything except receiver.

What do you think about my election for next plane?

All help you can give me will be really useful
Galern is offline Find More Posts by Galern
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:33 AM
Finlande
Joined Dec 2007
422 Posts
Nobody's have flown this plane yet ?

I am also considering to buy this plane and add some GWS floats for take off from water .

Where are the flight reports?
Jpette is offline Find More Posts by Jpette
Old Jan 17, 2008, 08:23 AM
Joined Jan 2007
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpette
Nobody's have flown this plane yet ?

I am also considering to buy this plane and add some GWS floats for take off from water .

Where are the flight reports?
I've just found reports of an old model (they say nothing at all about brushless or lipo), no one about this one. The only thing I've read about it is this one

I hope people can tell us good things about it. This model is so beautty and cheap....
Old Jan 17, 2008, 06:26 PM
Andrew
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2007
10 Posts
The Cessna airframe is a very forgiving one, i wouldn't recommend it for a first plane but for a second plane aileron trainer i think it would be ok.

I had the Art tech Cessna 182 with a brushless and it was good. This is a chinese copy of the plane i had but i'm sure it'd be fine.
andrew_payne is offline Find More Posts by andrew_payne
Old Jan 18, 2008, 11:06 AM
Joined May 2005
21 Posts
Here is all the info you could ever wish for:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_21...a%2C182/tm.htm

JH
Wrecked1 is offline Find More Posts by Wrecked1
Old Jan 24, 2008, 03:55 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6 Posts
Hello, I've been reading a lot today in the forum, and I'm still not sure about my next plane...

I've read people saying I could fly a zero with no too much problems, so I'm wondering what to do...

My objective is to fly a GWS P-38, so every advice will be usefull.

Thank you guys!

PD: I want to buy a plane to learn, have fun, and not to get bored soon.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 09:50 PM
USA, KY, Lexington
Joined Dec 2007
640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galern
Hello, I've been searchig for my next model (Actually Easy Star w/brushless&aleiron). I've found this foamy at hobbycity.
I've read several posts about it, but I'm not sure it's the same version as i've found. Does anyone have this model?

It comes with brushless motor, lipo and everything except receiver.

What do you think about my election for next plane?

All help you can give me will be really useful
I have this plane. It was my first plane and I would not recommend it for a beginner. It is fast and twitchy. I was under the impression that it was a good trainer, which it is not. Some people have problems with the stock electronics. (glitching) I never did. However, the plane likes to climb, so you need to make sure your CG is correct. Currently mine is waiting for some parts.

I bought a Super Cub to take a "step down" as this plane was a bit much for me for a trainer.

The Art-Tech is not the same as the SkyArtech. I don't believe you can get the brushless / lipo combo from Art-Tech. The frame is almost identical.
emillard is offline Find More Posts by emillard
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:14 PM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Aug 2003
456 Posts
emillard,

This plane is on the way to me right now from hobby city. It won't be my first plane, but will be my first with ailerons.

Question...did you have to cut any of the fuselage to allow more upward movement for the elevator?? I've seen one post where one person said it wasn't necessary, but it was also their first plane. You do say "it likes to climb", so no need for more throw on the elevator for that, but I wonder if it moves up enough if you got into a little trouble and needed to pull up quickly??

Thanks ahead for any input!!

Lobo
Lobo is offline Find More Posts by Lobo
Old Feb 15, 2008, 08:34 PM
Vicksburg, MS
Joined Aug 2003
456 Posts
Can anyone tell me where the Center of Gravity (CG) is on this Skyartec Cessna from the leading edge of the wing?? The manual says the battery is at the CG, but if I take the cener of the battery hole, then the CG seems really close to the LE of the wing....closer than I'm used to seeing on most planes.

Any help appreciated!!

Lobo
Lobo is offline Find More Posts by Lobo
Old May 10, 2009, 09:35 PM
Joined May 2009
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecked1
Here is all the info you could ever wish for:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_21...a%2C182/tm.htm

JH

great info indeed. just wondering if this is the same cessna as that one